Question about wide format printer paper

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited October 31, 2014 in Accessories
I recently purchased a used HP DesignJet 750C 24" plotter, and I should receive it on the 27th. Since this is my first wide format printer, what paper do you recommend, that will yield decent prints, and where's the best place to get it?

GaryB
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2014
    Gary752 wrote: »
    I recently purchased a used HP DesignJet 750C 24" plotter, and I should receive it on the 27th. Since this is my first wide format printer, what paper do you recommend, that will yield decent prints, and where's the best place to get it?

GaryB

Gary,

If you purchased this to produce fine art image prints you are going to be very disappointed.

This is a slow, low resolution "Plotter", not a photo printer.

Printer description

The HP DesignJet 750C printer is a large-format, color and monochrome, inkjet printer that provides hardcopy output of computer program data.
    Large-format plots of high resolution and quality are generated for applications such as:
    • Computer-aided design (CAD)
    • Computer-aided manufacturing (CAM)
    • Mapping
    • Mechanical and architectural drawings
    • General drafting
    • Large format printers markets

Sam :cry:cry:cry
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2014
    Sam...I did a little research and found out there is 2 versions of the 750C. The 750C is b/w only, and the 750C Plus is color & b/w. The 750C Plus can print up to 600dpi if I remember correctly. I mainly purchased this printer to print stuff like this:

090709-29-2-L.jpg

and if these look good, maybe some stuff for my day job. They already told me that if it works out, they will buy the paper and ink to get some stuff printed. Either way, $83.90 + $100.00 for shipping was worth the risk. So now I'm looking for a good place to buy the paper & ink. Any recommendations?

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2014
    My Canon ipf8300 prints at 2400 X 1200. An Epson 3880 prints at 2880 X 1440.

My reading indicated the 750c plus color printed at 300dpi and may be problematic trying to print at 600dpi. That said it isn't designed for photo printing.

That said your not at risk for a lot of $$ so good luck and please let me know how it works out.

Try ColoHQ, Breathing Color, and ITT Supplies for paper and ink.

Sam