Entering customer orders -

jrlaughlin3jrlaughlin3 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited November 3, 2014 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
A couple of recent events have made me consider entering my customers' orders myself...so I'm wondering how many of you actually do this?

I've found that many customers fail miserably at cropping their images before placing their orders, despite my attempts at ensuring they understand the importance of doing so. Additionally, I've decided I'd like for all of the wall prints that clients purchase to automatically include a foam backing...available via Bay Photo. The problem is that as it stands currently, clients must choose the mounting and coating options during the checkout process, which means the cost of these will be added to their order instead of included in the print or package pricing.

The only way around these issues, as far as I can tell, is for ME to do all of the client orders myself. Aside from having to pay for their prints myself, I'll also need a way of collecting item info from them...such as which images they want to purchase, what sizes/types/etc.

Am I crazy for even considering to do this? I just am not having a good experience when allowing them to go through the checkout process themselves. As much as I'd love for this to be an easy, seamless process, it just isn't...at least for me at this point.

Comments