Options

YongNuo YN622N

JabfingerJabfinger Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
edited November 4, 2014 in Accessories
Anybody using these triggers with Nikon and if so how well do they work as far as CLS is concerned?

Comments

• Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2014
    I wrote a blog post about them when I bought them.

And then I did a follow up blog post about them.

I use them for home studio work mostly, now. They're a little bulky to use for wedding work. They come with the necessary cables to sync ABs too.

I only use them in manual though. I don't use Nikon's CLS (or TTL).

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    tebogantebogan Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2014
    Yn622n
    I use these triggers for all my studio work and especially for outdoor portraits using HSS in combination with the YN622N-TX as the master. This makes all my speedlights off camera, can control zones and exposure comp right from the camera.

Details for the YN-622N-TX
    Photography is the art of making an image of what you see so others can see what you saw.
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2014
    tebogan wrote: »
    I use these triggers for all my studio work and especially for outdoor portraits using HSS in combination with the YN622N-TX as the master. This makes all my speedlights off camera, can control zones and exposure comp right from the camera.

Details for the YN-622N-TX

Can you really control the power levels of the manual flashes???

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2014
    Manual flash is manual flash
    The answer is NO. The speedlights that I use are are SB800 and YN568EX. The manual strobes can not be adjusted from the controller due to lack of communication with the power level controller.
    Photography is the art of making an image of what you see so others can see what you saw.
  • Options
    JabfingerJabfinger Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2014
    Thanks for the reply's guys. I like using the CLS. Controlling it with the pop up inside works well but always leaves a small catchlight and outside its always a pain to get the flashes lined up right for it. I've been using cactus 5 triggers and doing the manual thing but running back and forth adjusting power up down up down with the stand just aint the way to go. These triggers sound like the way to go as long as they are accurate.
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2014
    Jabfinger wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply's guys. I like using the CLS. Controlling it with the pop up inside works well but always leaves a small catchlight and outside its always a pain to get the flashes lined up right for it. I've been using cactus 5 triggers and doing the manual thing but running back and forth adjusting power up down up down with the stand just aint the way to go. These triggers sound like the way to go as long as they are accurate.

Mine have not let me down. It allows me to do settings right at the camera. The HSS is fantastic outside with mid day sun and looking for that fast shutter speed the bokeh that I can get from my fast glass.