Options

My Attempt At Jewellery

e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
edited November 8, 2014 in Holy Macro
Having tried to "paint" a flower, I thought jewellery might be more my style. I thought this Osteospermum flower might be a good subject for the first combined outing of my EM-1, Printing Nikkor 105mm (at f11) and TTL dedicated flash.

Hand-held, cropped to square format. Shot as RAW and processed as TIFF before converting to HQ JPEG. I tried to get any softness in the flower parts more rigid-looking. A touch more DOF in some places would have been good but it seems to work fairly well.

Harold

965163.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2014
    Lovely idea and shot! thumb.gif
    I don't know stacking, but that could prevent the center from being soft. Also maybe darks need to come up a tad? JMO.
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Lovely idea and shot! thumb.gif
    I don't know stacking, but that could prevent the center from being soft. Also maybe darks need to come up a tad? JMO.

Thanks. I shot first then came up with the idea from the result. Another half stop smaller would have done it.

Harold
  • Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2014
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2014
    Looks good
    Brian v.

Thanks, Brian.

As I recall, there was a bit of a breeze and the flowers were on long stems, such that only one image, of several, had the flower central enough in the frame.

Harold