Options

Garden Creek C&C welcome

catcher33catcher33 Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited November 11, 2014 in Landscapes
15132832103_2db9dd00e3_o.jpg

15567138530_c6800103a2_b.jpg
i tried to tone down the red in the second one but when i tried to save the changes it didn't ( I was using the default Canon software for raw images - guess thats something I'm gonna have to learn how to do ) So.. critiques and and commets are welcome

Comments

• Options
    edited November 9, 2014
    i cropped and edited the second one
    15728910146_469eb27d76_c.jpg
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2014
    Second one is nice shot!
    Like original better.
  • Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2014
    gneiss!
    nice pictures.

In the first, the colors look good, but I find myself wishing that your in-focus zone was just a little bit wider, maybe stop down the aperture more? The gneissic texture in the front boulder makes nice leading lines toward the waterfall, I like that.

For the first, I think your color correction doesn't go far enough, did you do the color correction in RAW, or attempt it on the jpg?

I'm also not liking the crop in the second cutting off the front of the boulder in the water. I agree that you can lose a little bit of the head space to focus attention on the water, but I think I'd either crop the boulder out completely, or crop it below the bottom of the boulder.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2014
    the first picture was at f8 for 1 sec (i did some at f32 also) iso 100. Did the editing on a laptop, i am working on putting together a new tower and invest in better PP tools -- i think i overworked this but i am using the basic edit on flickr for this.
    15134458583_afcb894901_z.jpg
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited November 11, 2014
    ^^ Over-sharpened, but love the comp!
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2014
    went back to the creek this afternoon after the temp dropped from the 40's F to low single digits to do a before and after ... I only went to one of the spots 'cause it was Way cold.. I had to climb down about 6 feet and brace against a very cold rock for this one ... it was a shoot and run and see what i had when i got home ( its only up the road from my house) i only took 4 before i had to admit my wife was right and say to myself this is nuts. i did just a quick edit -- and yes on the last one posted it was with the basic editor on on Flickr on my wifes laptop and it was hard to make out how the final image would end up..

15149284174_4e791ae01b_z.jpg
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2014
    Beautiful!