Canon SX50 Still A Solid Performer

Tony BrittonTony Britton Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
edited November 30, 2014 in Cameras
Hello,

I'm a long time member of SmugMug. I enjoy taking portrait style bird & wildlife photos with my long zoom point-and-shoot cameras. My latest camera is the Canon SX50, which I've owned for quite some time and it continues to provide excellent results.

Here's my recent photographs taken with this camera: http://www.tonybritton.smugmug.com/

I hope you enjoy them!

Best regards,

Tony

"My wife & I make the perfect point-and-shoot photography team. She points and I shoot!"

Comments

• jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2014
    Holy Cow. When I read the subject line I thought you were a delusional amateur. I was wrong. Outstanding.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Tony BrittonTony Britton Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2014
    Holy Cow. When I read the subject line I thought you were a delusional amateur. I was wrong. Outstanding.

Hello Jack,

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment. Much appreciated.

Tony
  • AlRohrerAlRohrer Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 29, 2014
    Very nice! I've been looking at this camera to help replace my DSLR kit which was getting to be too much to tote everywhere. I purchased a Canon G1X MkII and just received it this week so haven't really had a chance to put it through it's paces but what I've done so far, I'm really loving it. Far superior to the G12 I got rid of. I'm wanting to pick up another camera for longer range and image quality plus focus are my prime concerns.
    Still looking but your images are a strong selling point for this camera. Thanks for posting!
    Al
    edited November 30, 2014
    AlRohrer wrote: »
    Very nice! I've been looking at this camera to help replace my DSLR kit which was getting to be too much to tote everywhere. I purchased a Canon G1X MkII and just received it this week so haven't really had a chance to put it through it's paces but what I've done so far, I'm really loving it. Far superior to the G12 I got rid of. I'm wanting to pick up another camera for longer range and image quality plus focus are my prime concerns.
    Still looking but your images are a strong selling point for this camera. Thanks for posting!
    Al
    Hello Al,

I really enjoyed viewing your galleries. Wonderful images! Thanks for taking the time to look and comment and best of luck with your new camera decision.

Best regards,

Tony
  • jtmivjtmiv Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2014
    You can really make the SX50 sing
    Dear Tony,

You are one of the guys I thought about when I considered a bridge camera. You can absolutely get the very best out of the Canon SX50. I really wanted to like the camera but I simply couldn't feel comfortable with it in my hands when I fiddled with one at a store.

I went a different route and if I can get an occasional picture that is within 40 percent of the quality of pictures that you have on smugmug I'll be beside myself with joy. rolleyes1.gif

Regards,

Tim Murphy :D
    edited November 30, 2014
    jtmiv wrote: »
    Dear Tony,

You are one of the guys I thought about when I considered a bridge camera. You can absolutely get the very best out of the Canon SX50. I really wanted to like the camera but I simply couldn't feel comfortable with it in my hands when I fiddled with one at a store.

I went a different route and if I can get an occasional picture that is within 40 percent of the quality of pictures that you have on smugmug I'll be beside myself with joy. rolleyes1.gif

Regards,

Tim Murphy :D
    Hello Tim,

Thank you for your incredibly kind words. I wish you all the best with your camera!

Kind regards,

Tony