Options

Peacock Orchid Pleione Vesuvius with stereo pair

e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
edited December 2, 2014 in Holy Macro
This was shot with my Olympus m4/3 EP-2 and my Kiron 105mm macro at f11, 1/320 ISO 200, hand-held in watery sunshine (very thin cloud).

The cross-eye stereo pair is best viewed from at little further back than normal viewing distance.

Harold

953099.jpg

953189.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2014
    nice captures, is it me or the frame on the right has stronger colors?
  • Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2014
    Lovely orchid shot and stereo Harold
    Brian v.
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2014
    Gatto wrote: »
    nice captures, is it me or the frame on the right has stronger colors?

Indeed it does. I have a vague memory about the light changing slightly between the two shots and working on it. There is a difference in the original (on my back-up drive) but not so strong as in the posted version, as viewed on this PC. I have previously seen differences in posted images via this PC (set up for games) which were not so evident via my, now deceased, PC. When I get my new one built I will revisit this.

Harold
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2014
    Lovely orchid shot and stereo Harold
    Brian v.

Thanks, Brian.

I have quite a few Pleiones now. As they are all in pots I have the choice of indoor or outdoor shots and can move them to better light or backgrounds.

Harold
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2014
    First one is simply delicate and fantastic!!!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    First one is simply delicate and fantastic!!!thumb.gif

Thanks. That's why I grow them. iloveyou.gif

Here is a closer view, uncropped (I had to reduce it to 50dpi to upload) of the variety Berapi, with some aphids for extra interest, also shot through the Printing Nikkor at f11, using flash with a DIY soft box:

Harold
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2014
    e6filmuser wrote: »
    Indeed it does. I have a vague memory about the light changing slightly between the two shots and working on it. There is a difference in the original (on my back-up drive) but not so strong as in the posted version, as viewed on this PC. I have previously seen differences in posted images via this PC (set up for games) which were not so evident via my, now deceased, PC. When I get my new one built I will revisit this.

Here is another pair, from the same session, this time is less-diffuse sunlight. There is still la colour difference so I'm unsure about the cause. A reshoot next spring is the only remedy. ne_nau.gif

I suggest viewing this pair from a little closer.

Harold

953518.jpg