Product Releases: October and November 2014

leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
edited December 9, 2014 in SmugMug Product News
As one of my new roles here at SmugMug I wanted to inform the community of recent updates to SmugMug. I’ll try to do this on a regular basis or for big items, when they’re released. Here are the relevant items from the last 2 months:

New Features:
- New Add to Cart Flow: Items are now easier to add to the shopping cart! See the blog post!
- Added pinch to zoom when browsing photos in the lightbox in the mobile web
- API 2.0 beta announced! Read more at our blog
- Added CSS class names identifying parent folders so that customizations can apply to all items in a folder
- Original filenames are now used in zip downloads of your gallery images* (special characters are removed)
- Users can now view and download receipts for their subscriptions in their Account Settings -> Me -> Receipts tab.
- Image and Gallery downloads that require multiple zip files are now bundled into one email.

Fixes:
- Fixed an issue in the Folder, Gallery, Pages Content Block when set to display by “Organizer Position” now properly sorts by the same order as the Organizer.
- Journal style galleries no longer jump to the first image when the page is loaded and now display the content above the image.
- Journal style: links to a specific photo in a journal style gallery will now properly jump to the given image once the page has loaded.
- For Pro’s: The Flash Uploader properly allows for replacing photos in a Proof Delayed order.
- When browsing a keyword gallery that has been limited to a certain scope, the purchase multiple photos window is limited to only photos that fit within that scope.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing users from properly updating Events.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Events favorites from being saved.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect file extensions in the zip file for gallery downloads.

See additional information on the recent blog post.
dGrin Afficionado
Former SmugMug Product Team
aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2014
    Great summary, thanks.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited December 5, 2014
    Thanks much, it's always good to hear about changes.

--- Denise
  • pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2014
    Leftquark, smugmug was very quiet before your joined. Then suddenly bugs started getting fixed and new features started appearing. Coincidence? Did you just happen to join at the right time or did you walk in the door and just start getting stuff done? Just want to know if I should be giving you as much credit for starting to turn things around as I do. :D

Dave
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited December 7, 2014
    pilotdave wrote: »
    Leftquark, smugmug was very quiet before your joined. Then suddenly bugs started getting fixed and new features started appearing. Coincidence? Did you just happen to join at the right time or did you walk in the door and just start getting stuff done? Just want to know if I should be giving you as much credit for starting to turn things around as I do. :D

Dave

Thanks Dave! It's a combination...we've been working on a few things before I arrived, like the add to cart. Having a Product manager also running dgrin helps us sneak in a few things that you guys have been asking for when our sorcerers have some time. I'm going to try to keep getting a few things put in higher priority when I can. I am here to help communicate better with the community... This was a major factor in adding me to the team and part of what Baldy mentioned a few months ago when we also started involving the heroes on here. It's a team effort that we are going to keep making better where we can. We have been working on some exciting things since before I arrived and we can't wait to finish those up. Stay tuned!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2014
    Thanks for the good update!
    leftquark wrote: »
    As one of my new roles here at SmugMug I wanted to inform the community of recent updates to SmugMug. I’ll try to do this on a regular basis or for big items, when they’re released. Here are the relevant items from the last 2 months:...
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited December 9, 2014
    pilotdave wrote: »

Dave
    He deserves a lot of credit and thank you for welcoming him. He does a nice job in our product meetings speaking up for what he reads on dgrin and uservoice.