Options

Alberta's Kananaskis Country

AnthonyJAnthonyJ Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited December 7, 2014 in Landscapes
I just joined SmugMug and DGrin. Though I would start by sharing a few photos from my recent Alberta trip.

Wedge%20Pond-DSC_8394-800-XL.jpg

Waterfowl%20Lake-DSC_9268-XL.jpg

Grotto%20Mountain%20Pond-DSC_8296-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2014
    Welcome. Dgrin has my favorite forum layout and mods, even if the participation doesn't rank up there with the more popular forums.

I like the first two, although the first looks a bit yellow, is your color balance off for that one?

I also find myself scrolling the first two to look at them as panoramas with most of the foreground cropped out. I appreciate the intent to include a foreground subject, but to me the tree reflections closest to the shore make a stronger foreground than what is there now.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    AnthonyJAnthonyJ Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 29, 2014
    JC wrote: »
    Welcome. Dgrin has my favorite forum layout and mods, even if the participation doesn't rank up there with the more popular forums.

I like the first two, although the first looks a bit yellow, is your color balance off for that one?

I also find myself scrolling the first two to look at them as panoramas with most of the foreground cropped out. I appreciate the intent to include a foreground subject, but to me the tree reflections closest to the shore make a stronger foreground than what is there now.

Thanks for the comments! Always appreciate input. Not sure about the yellow. Maybe the lighting at the time.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2014
    Welcome Anthony! Agree that colors are bit off. For first one, branch on left and on right is IMHO one too many....the center top portion is so good, maybe it can be cropped to be by itself.
    The second one is fantastic, although wish you had little more space around the frame....as it feels slightly chopped/congested!
    Nice set!
    Hope to see more from this place as who knows if once gets a chance to go there!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 7, 2014
    A belated welcome to Dgrin, AnthonyJ! clap.gif

I like the first shot here, there's a lot going on to look at. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.