Recommended companies for HQ metal prints?

newbie15newbie15 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 12, 2015 in Book and Gear Reviews
Has anyone had a good experience with high quality metal prints - no defects/bubbles/chips etc...?

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited December 11, 2014
    I have many from BayPhoto ordered via my Smugmug galleries

They have been processed and shipped within a brief time, shipped in nice safe boxes, and defect free with great color and no bubbles or other defects whatsoever.

Great service, I recommend them highly.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited December 11, 2014
    I'll second the Bay Photo recommendation. Very high quality, excellent customer service.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited December 11, 2014
    I would also recommend Bay Photo. I've been very happy with metal prints from there.

--- Denise
  • yendikenoyendikeno Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2014
    Only had one done from AdoramaPix, and it turned out very well. Should add that it was a night scene, and I specified no color correction.
    Regards,
    AZFred
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2014
    I'll add to the Bay Photo love. I've gotten a half dozen metal prints from them, and they are outstanding!
  • newbie15newbie15 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 16, 2014
    Bay Photo are aimed more at pros and require you to download software, and Adorama don't offer 30x40 inch prints, has anyone had experience with a company that does?
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited December 29, 2014
    I did not download any software for my prints from Bay Photo - I simply order them directly from my gallery on Smugmug.

I am not familiar with Bay Photo's requirements for those folks who do not have a Smugmug gallery.

I do know their work is excellent, and met all my expectations.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited January 1, 2015
    pathfinder wrote: »
    I am not familiar with Bay Photo's requirements for those folks who do not have a Smugmug gallery.
    Without a smug site at either the Portfolio or Business level the OP would need to download and use Bay's software. Bay has simplified their interface over the last year or so though. Given the quality of their products I would be happy to download and use their tool if I didn't have a smug site at the required level.

--- Denise
  • PhotoGuruPhotoGuru Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited January 12, 2015
    Check out Aluminyze if you don't wish to download any software - I've used them a lot and have had great success with them for my clients. They do the prep work for you manually and never have green hair which is a complaint I've seen from Bay Photo (maybe the software user didn't set it up right) and they don't have disclaimers--if it isn't right they re-do it. They also have sample packs available if you contact them. Hope this helps.