Options

Google Base - yet another google beta to check out...

Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
edited November 16, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
So it looks like google is going to give craig's list a run for its money with Google Base. This is google's world, we're just trying to make the best out of it we can.

So what I did was to promptly put up a thing for my lulu calendar. Mine will be up here in 15 to 60 minutes (or maybe more based on how long I've been waiting for my darned google analytics data to show up). I think that's just a direct link for convenience, my assumption is that it'll show up somewhere else or with a search or something.

It seems that free advertising on the most popular search engine in the world is probably a good thing. I will probably put up an advertisement for my smugmug site as well. I'll let you know if I get any sales from this.
Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2005
    Interesting....
    Mike Lane wrote:
    So it looks like google is going to give craig's list a run for its money with Google Base. This is google's world, we're just trying to make the best out of it we can.

So what I did was to promptly put up a thing for my lulu calendar. Mine will be up here in 15 to 60 minutes (or maybe more based on how long I've been waiting for my darned google analytics data to show up). I think that's just a direct link for convenience, my assumption is that it'll show up somewhere else or with a search or something.

It seems that free advertising on the most popular search engine in the world is probably a good thing. I will probably put up an advertisement for my smugmug site as well. I'll let you know if I get any sales from this.
    Thanks, Mike! Looks like a month worth of free ads:-)thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited November 16, 2005
    Amazing. Yesterday they came out with Google Analytics for web pages, which has kept us busy ever since.
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2005
    OT, but how does lulu work? Their info pages don't seem to say things like what their fees are and if how you get paid and such. Do you find it actually makes a considerable amount of sales?