Options

Merry Christmas to all.

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited December 24, 2014 in People
Merry Christmas to all. May all your wishes and dreams come true.

i-xxXdWw6-X3.jpg

For our out of the area friends about the card......
CAMBRIDGE, Md.- Bushel basket by bushel basket. This fifteen foot tall crabby Christmas tree is coming to life in the heart of downtown Cambridge.

Main Street executive director Brandon Hesson has made this very Dorchester county-oriented tree his life over the past few weeks.

"Most folks have Christmas trees in their house and they represent different things, this is just a fun thing. It's just a really cool thing unique to Cambridge, crab baskets, watermen, hard work, I think it really speaks to this town and this city," said Hesson.

And it's not a solo effort. The baskets came from JM Clayton's and Lindy's Seafood. Jack Helgeson at Choptank Charlie's created dozens of ornaments out of old buoys, not to mention the giant bow basket that will go at the very top.

"It's our history, and it's unusual, and Brandon's done a great job. He's done most of this himself, and I'm very proud of him for doing that with main street and the business owners," said Helgeson.

The tree sits right in the middle of town. The real show, if the weather holds, will come Saturday night when the tree is lit, just before the Christmas parade.

Already though, the tree is quite popular.

People are smiling and honking their horns and waving, I think people really appreciate it, and that's what we're really trying to do here downtown is create an environment where you can have a crazy idea and give it a shot and see what happens.

And so far, it's a crazy idea that some people hope becomes an annual tradition......article by Tyler Butler WBOC

Comments

• Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2014
    Thanks for sharing the story, I hope you 'all enjoy the holidays.
    And by this my best wishes for all of you and a Merry X-mas.

Steve alias D3Sshooter
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2014
    Merry Xmas to all
    Alex
  • Options
    TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2014
    I have been here but only in the summer. That is a great story and a great tree. I might have to go and peek at it next year.