Affordable Gimbal Head

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited January 2, 2015 in Accessories
If anyone is looking for an affordable gimbal head for their tripod, check this out before spending the big bucks! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Gimbal-Tripod-Head-1-4-Screw-Telephoto-Lens-Camera-Swivel-Panoramic-/371226323409?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item566ed029d1
This looks exactly like the Wimberly head that sells for $594.90 except this one has one added feature. The section where the camera/lens attaches to it can be adjusted up or down the vertical rotating arm. This will save you $515.00, which could be used other needed gear! :barb

GaryB

GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2015
    Whilst I've never used either, I think you'll find that the full Wimberley head also has vertical adjustment.
    I suspect there are other differences - eg bearing quality / type and behaviour when used ?

I've also seen a review of a less expensive Gimbal where the reviewer (who normally uses a video fluid head) actually preferred the cheaper product over the Wimberley because it provided a more 'fluid head like experience' rather than the completely smooth and free action of the Wimberley.

Each to their own, of course ...

pp