Options

Ramaria Fungi On Lawn

e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
edited January 5, 2015 in Holy Macro
These were photographed at the same site as the Toothpick Mushroom. Lots of colonies, of various sizes, grew in some small areas of grass and I have cropped out any parts of adjacent groups.

EM-1 (manual mode), Kiron 105mm, flash, hand-held.

The aperture of the lens had been jamming wide open and these were a hurried re-shoot, so that I could catch up with the foray group leaders. A slight move to one side for a different viewpoint would have improved the second one but the liquid-like feature is of interest.

Harold

1075650.jpg

1075651.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2015
    Both are nice! I like the comp! Second one is much brighter than the first one....I like the slightly muted light in first! Cheers!
  • Options
    e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Both are nice! I like the comp! Second one is much brighter than the first one....I like the slightly muted light in first! Cheers!

Thanks.

A bit brighter. Look at the grass. The darker colony may have been senescing i.e. starting to go brown. The actual exposure would have been identical, due to the flash setting. Slightly different processing may have given different contrast.

The vertical leaf in front, bottom middle, of the second one is the same colour as the fungus and I only saw it when uploading. Before you suggest anything, dealing with that by cloning is a) not presently available and b) beyond my ham-fisted efforts.

Harold