Options

Ochoco Burning

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
edited January 14, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
New processing from a shot taken in the Ochoco National Forest this last July.....

Ochoco%20Burning-X2.jpg
Lee Wiren

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2015
    Stunning shot, Lee. Really interesting PP work. I would raise the bottom margin to a point just above your watermark..... makes for a more pleasing placement of the horizon line. It's an arresting image, for sure.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,883 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2015
    Stunning shot, Lee. Really interesting PP work. I would raise the bottom margin to a point just above your watermark..... makes for a more pleasing placement of the horizon line. It's an arresting image, for sure.thumb.gif

Tom

I agree with Tom on the crop. Interesting PP!
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2015
    Absolutely great shot and processing Lee thumb.gif

I'd normally agree with the aforementioned crop, but I prefer it as you have presented it here because you would loose that wonderful dark foreground attribute.

Really top notch clap.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2015
    rwells wrote: »
    Absolutely great shot and processing Lee thumb.gif

I'd normally agree with the aforementioned crop, but I prefer it as you have presented it here because you would loose that wonderful dark foreground attribute.

Really top notch clap.gif

Thanks for all the comments... Wells, you sum it up nicely.. I know the rule of thirds and comp and all of that, I truly almost made this a 9x16 so I could get the horizon on the bottom thirds.... but I am purposefully going against the grain... I think it works well enough.

Thanks again

Lee
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    tjstridertjstrider Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2015
    very nice. did you have to edit out some additional distracting trees or anything in the water? Rare to find such 'purposeful' empty space between the trees and such. love it. I always struggle to find areas that aren't crammed with man-made or other distractions.

I guess this is the vent of someone that lives in the middle of Chicago.
    5D2 + 50D | Canon EF-s 10-22mm F/3.5-4.5 USM | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 50mm 1.8, 580EXII
    http://stridephoto.carbonmade.com
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2015
    tjstrider wrote: »
    very nice. did you have to edit out some additional distracting trees or anything in the water? Rare to find such 'purposeful' empty space between the trees and such. love it. I always struggle to find areas that aren't crammed with man-made or other distractions.

I guess this is the vent of someone that lives in the middle of Chicago.

I can see why you would need to vent... I can't imagine there being many spaces to meet the description...

No editing out of anything... this was taken in Central Oregon... property of a cattle rancher that sheltered out group on his property during the height of the fire that was going on... he had his own two lakes that he was having his helicopters pull water out of... it was pretty cool to watch and the scenery was great... just the smoke was quite thick all night... woke up feeling like I had smoked 20 cigars all night long....
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2015
    Like it as is. What was the "new processing" for this image?

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2015
    Like it as is. What was the "new processing" for this image?

Phil

OnOne Perfect Layers 9 & Perfect Effects 9. Blending of a couple of layers and adding of a few effects. Really nice software.

Lee
    Lee Wiren