Veni-Vidi-Snappii
...pics..

Comments

• Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2015
    I Simonius wrote: »
    i-66VD2hb.jpg

Meh... :*sip*.... I like the foreground, just not how much of it there is....not sure that I completely care for the b/w treatment... it's not all that bad, but it doesn't strike me as being as good as it could be. Not that i'm trying to tell you how it should be processed, it just doesn't make me gasp at it being great.... not a bad image though.
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2015
    thnaks for the comments, what could I do to improve it in your opinion (if anything)?
    :)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2015
    I Simonius wrote: »
    thnaks for the comments, what could I do to improve it in your opinion (if anything)?
    :)

It's hard to say... ... i'm not sure if it's really the b/w that doesn't grab me or the fact that there is not enough room at the top for the tree in the image... the foreground is nice in that you are looking at all that great detail in the grass (good job on that btw), but there is a slight bit of junk lower left that I could live without... the tree's seem so crowded.... just a little more room at top, a little less fg and I could almost not moan about the b/w... I don't process in b/w much, so I am not really the right guy to try to tell you how to do so.... I could be all wonky in the head for even mentioning it rolleyes1.gif

Did you take any with less fg and more room at top by chance....?ne_nau.gif

Anyhoo, all things being subjective it's not a bad image, and if you intended to break the rules to create discussion about the image.... well done :D I was just saying that I personally wouldn't have shot it like this and maybe done the b/w a tad differently... it's like there is some blue-ish channel that could be dialed back....? Anybody else... with more b/w experience than me....? (again... I could be full of shyite, ymmv).
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2015
    te veel voorgrond en een halve boom tegen het linker kader.
    iets meer aandacht besteden aan de compositie.
    grt,boco.