Reducing short hairs

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited January 23, 2015 in Finishing School
Hi all,

I am not sure what is the "proper" (And kind) way to write this in English.. what is the appropriate tool in lightroom (or in photoshop) to make a lovely pregnant's belly to look better?

This is a sample I am trying to improve. You do not need to spend your time editing the image. Just give me your links and ideas on the post processing.

Regards

Alex

i-GVBr2Ms-XL.jpg

--
“The fact is that relatively few photographers ever master their medium. Instead they allow the medium to master them and go on an endless squirrel cage chase from new lens to new paper to new developer to new gadget, never staying with one piece of equipment long enough to learn its full capacities, becoming lost in a maze of technical information that is of little or no use since they don’t know what to do with it”
(written at 1927 by Edward Weston)

Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2015
    I'd do it in Photoshop because my editing skills in LR are weak.

Duplicate the layer, add a gaussian blur, make the blurred layer
    a Layer Mask, and paint out everything but the belly and the
    heart on the belly.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2015
    Thanks I will give it a try. I was thinking that perhaps I can also paint in lightroom and then reduce clarity. Also removing spots would help
    Alex
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2015
    alaios wrote: »
    Also removing spots would help

If you are talking about permanent "spots" (moles/freckles etc) then I think you need to be careful.
    These are features that are part of the person. If some-one makes the arbitrary decision to remove them, I wonder if it would send the wrong message to the model (as in, "You think they are are "blemish" that shouldn't be there! Who says you are the arbitrator of what makes me who I am?")

I understand the removal of temporary blemishes such as acne or a cut. Even then, if a person had bad acne, it would be "dangerous" to remove all of it ... because that is not who the person is. In those cases one could "tone" the blemishes down to reduce their prominence whilst still being somewhat true to their reality.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • PeanoPeano Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2015
    In Photoshop:

1. Color correct the image.

2. For hairs: Blank layer in lighten mode, sample skin color adjacent to hairs, paint. Or, use the healing brush.

3. For blemishes, healing brush or spot healing brush.

4. For skin overall, Imagenomic Portraiture is good. I would avoid Gaussian blur.

skinclean.jpg