Options

Hey Google...

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited February 6, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
i-2PWXM8R-L.jpg

GaryB
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2015
    I second that! Saw my 66 ford on the site........ :(
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2015
    Excellent !!!

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited February 5, 2015
    Nice, but you left out the "x" between vision and mobile. Not just a nit--there is a real visionmobile site and as far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with ABC. deal.gif
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    Nice, but you left out the "x" between vision and mobile. Not just a nit--there is a real visionmobile site and as far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with ABC. deal.gif

This guy must have either stole the real Vision Mobile's header or they are both from the same person. Check them both out.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2015
    Hmmm...that's odd, Gary. You must be seeing something different than I am.

With the x in the URL, I get to our old ABC friend:

i-8qf4V72-L.jpg

Without the X, here's what I get:

i-J3gpfqW-L.jpg

They both say Vision Mobile, but as you can see, they're completely different. Maybe it's because I get re-directed from .com to .es in both cases?? There are language differences--I see the ABC template in French, not English, though the Dgrin content is the same. The other one seems to be a mixture of English and Vietnamese. headscratch.gifne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2015
    Richard, if you go to the one without the x, and click on the link on the right "How to use this template" you are taken to http://www.maskolis.com/2012/05/johny-blackstore-template-toko-online.html. So the one without the X is just a demo for an online store/shopping cart. If you do a whois on maskolis.com you get this info: Registrant Name: Helmi Arifin Registrant Organization: maskolis Registrant Street: Jl Tegalsari 1 /56 Registrant City: Semarang Registrant State/Province: Jawa Tengah Registrant Postal Code: 50251 Registrant Country: ID

I tried doing a whois on the one with an X and get this: No match for domain "VISIONXMOBILE.COM".

I did some more searching and was told to do a whois search here: http://www.moniker.com/service/whois-search?domain=visionxmobile.com which came up with the same results:
    No match for domain "VISIONXMOBILE.COM"

If this domain name is not in any of the data bases, how is he getting redirected?

GaryB

PS...The other night when I had checked, they both had the red bar across the top. They must have changed the one.
    GaryB
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2015
    They are both just blogs in the blogspot.com domain, which belongs to Google. It's Google that's doing the redirection based on the geographical location of the IP address. Since I live in Spain, all my requests to google.com get redirected to google.es. There's nothing fishy about this--many international companies do the same. It enhances performance, provides easy multiple language versioning, and facilitates compliance with national and regional regulations on stuff like privacy and cookie usage.

In any event, I'm pretty sure that one blog has nothing to do with the other.