The Coupons Help Thread

167891012»

Comments

• A Still In TimeA Still In Time Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 17, 2014
    Cost + % (or $) option
    Hello all!

I'm new to the SmugMug family and I apologize if a similar inquiry has already been posted but, are there any plans on adding a coupon option that specifies a "Cost + %" or "Cost + $" to help ensure that a negative revenue situation is avoided?

Thanks all!
  • Arrant ThiefArrant Thief Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2014
    Coupon Query
    I am a small potatoes hobbyist who upgraded to Business Pro after landing a gig last year, to hang (and hopefully sell) my framed photography at a local hair salon.

A friend (and my biggest fan!) wants to give a gift card for my site to a friend, so she can pick her own print(s) from my galleries.

I have read the SmugMug help page regarding coupons and also read the related threads in this forum as as well. I still have a couple of questions.

1) For the gift card coupon, I know that I will create a "credit" coupon for the amount my friend chooses. Here's my question: To make it more "gifty", instead of emailing the coupon to my friend to pass on to her friend, can I create my own, irl gift certificate that will include the redemption code?

2) I read an earlier discussion about the gift card recipient needing to enter a credit card number at checkout, even if there is no balance due. Is this still the case? If so, can this step be mitigated somehow through use of Paypal?

3) I only have a regular Paypal account. Would I need a different kind of account to be able to accept payments via Paypal? (I realize this is not a Paypal Q & A forum, but since you're here...)

Thanks in advance!
    Marcia
    http://arrantthief.smugmug.com

"Snatching fire from the sky, and looting by the yard."- Marcia, Chief Thief
    "What doesn't kill you, makes you throw up."- Marcia, Phledgling Philosopher
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited January 19, 2014
    1) For the gift card coupon, I know that I will create a "credit" coupon for the amount my friend chooses. Here's my question: To make it more "gifty", instead of emailing the coupon to my friend to pass on to her friend, can I create my own, irl gift certificate that will include the redemption code?

2) I read an earlier discussion about the gift card recipient needing to enter a credit card number at checkout, even if there is no balance due. Is this still the case? If so, can this step be mitigated somehow through use of Paypal?

3) I only have a regular Paypal account. Would I need a different kind of account to be able to accept payments via Paypal? (I realize this is not a Paypal Q & A forum, but since you're here...)
    The coupon recipient just needs the coupon codes.

As far as I know a credit card is still needed but with the very recent addition of paypal as a payment mechanism that should be able to be used instead. See announcement at New! Checkout with PayPal on Print Sales.

For your third question, take a look at this Paypal account types page - https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/article/?articleID=94050. If you need additional information you might want to ask in PayPal community help.

--- Denise
  • Arrant ThiefArrant Thief Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2014
    Wow, that was quick! Thank you Denise. -Marcia
    The coupon recipient just needs the coupon codes.

As far as I know a credit card is still needed but with the very recent addition of paypal as a payment mechanism that should be able to be used instead. See announcement at New! Checkout with PayPal on Print Sales.

For your third question, take a look at this Paypal account types page - https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/article/?articleID=94050. If you need additional information you might want to ask in PayPal community help.

--- Denise
    http://arrantthief.smugmug.com

"Snatching fire from the sky, and looting by the yard."- Marcia, Chief Thief
    "What doesn't kill you, makes you throw up."- Marcia, Phledgling Philosopher
  • rodmphotorodmphoto Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 21, 2014
    Help us promote our coupons!!!
    I would really love to see a promote/share button next to each coupon that would allow a quick way to post a coupon to twitter, facebook, etc.

Especially if it included the graphic shown on the creation page.
  • MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2014
    rodmphoto wrote: »
    I would really love to see a promote/share button next to each coupon that would allow a quick way to post a coupon to twitter, facebook, etc.

Especially if it included the graphic shown on the creation page.

Rodmphoto, could you create a gallery of coupon images, and let the buttons in the gallery do the sharing? The customer just needs the coupon code, but I usually create a graphic to promote it. I have not tried the gallery for coupons approach, but it sounds like it might work.

As far as I can tell the coupon graphic on the coupons page is for our eyes only.
  • AgandAuAgandAu Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 23, 2014
    download coupon
    Is there any way to have a coupon for say 3 digital downloads? I wanted to give some downloads to a teenager for helping me out but I don't want to make a code for the entire gallery to be sold at cost. If I give a code for a print credit how would that work during checkout when just ordering downloads? Would a credit card still be needed?
    edited February 25, 2014
    AgandAu wrote: »
    Is there any way to have a coupon for say 3 digital downloads? I wanted to give some downloads to a teenager for helping me out but I don't want to make a code for the entire gallery to be sold at cost. If I give a code for a print credit how would that work during checkout when just ordering downloads? Would a credit card still be needed?
    I don't believe this is possible. You might consider a coupon for a flat dollar amount off that would cover 3 downloads - but there isn't any way to limit the coupon use to downloads. You can see all of the available coupon types on this help page - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93347.

Have you considered placing the photos in a separate gallery, maybe password-protected, enabling access to the originals so the download button is available. This would provide free downloads with no cost to you.

--- Denise
  • colosimophotocolosimophoto Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 16, 2014
    At Cost Coupons
    I love the at cost coupons, but is there a way we can still have it say "Cost" and still have the opportunity to mark it up $20, or some other amount?
  • Marc GMarc G Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 5, 2015
    Need to create 200 individual coupons for group
    I need to set up $50.00 coupons for each guest on a multi-day program. There will be 200 guests. Do I have to do these one by one? Guests will be given their unique code during the trip.
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited February 6, 2015
    At this time you will have to manually create each one. I realize that is rather time consuming. We have a few feature requests related to this:
    http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/884175-allow-pros-to-create-multiple-like-1200-print-cr
    and
    http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/446012-single-use-coupons

Feel free to vote and let us know more of you want these features!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • widget5 8widget5 8 Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2015
    email
    can I email the picture coupon to my client
  • widget5 8widget5 8 Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2015
    coupon
    can I email the photo coupon to client
    edited April 17, 2015
    widget5 8 wrote: »
    can I email the photo coupon to client
    There doesn't appear to be a tool to enable emailing the generated coupon from within smug.

You can capture a screen shot of the coupon and email that yourself, or you can simply write an email to your client and include the coupon code.

--- Denise
    edited May 2, 2015
    Change from Print Credit to Amount Off
    Can I cancel an existing coupon that has not been used and use the same code for a new type of coupon? I made an error in issuing a print credit vs. an amount off type. Thanks!
    edited May 4, 2015
    Change from Print Credit to Amount Off
    Marc G wrote: »
    I need to set up $50.00 coupons for each guest on a multi-day program. There will be 200 guests. Do I have to do these one by one? Guests will be given their unique code during the trip.

I made a mistake and issued Print Credit coupons vs. Amount Off and it's costing me way more than I expected. Can I cancel coupons that have not been used yet and then create Amount Off coupons with the same code I created? Help!!!
    Thanks.
    edited May 4, 2015
    I made a mistake and issued Print Credit coupons vs. Amount Off and it's costing me way more than I expected. Can I cancel coupons that have not been used yet and then create Amount Off coupons with the same code I created? Help!!!
    Thanks.
    You might try contacting the SmugMug help desk with this question. --- Denise
  • WendeeWendee Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2015
    Thanks.

Yes Marc, if you expire the print credit coupon you should be able to create a new coupon choosing the Amount Off option, and set it up with the same code as the previous, expired coupon.

The benefit of the print credit is that it can be used up until it's gone, some customers use it over several orders. With the Amount Off coupon, you'll want to set it to one maximum use so it can only be used once, and instruct the customer that it needs to be used on a single order.
  • BikerKBikerK Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2015
    Coupons Keep Expiring
    Hi all. I have created a coupon which I never want to expire. It is printed on the back of business cards so I need that specific coupon to work. I have checked the "no expiration" box, but the coupon still shows expired. I've created new coupons with the same results. They are all expired. Ideas?
    ralphwidman.com
  • McKsauceMcKsauce Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2015
    Hi BikerK,

Will you please write into the SmugMug help desk at help@smugmug.com from the email address associated with your SmugMug account and let us know that the coupons keep expiring and to take a look at it. Please also let us know what type of coupon, the code and percentage you're looking to create that will never expire. We can then work directly with your account and get this resolved.

We're standing by
    ----

SmugMug Support Hero -

----
  • BikerKBikerK Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2015
    McKsauce wrote: »
    Hi BikerK,

Will you please write into the SmugMug help desk at help@smugmug.com from the email address associated with your SmugMug account and let us know that the coupons keep expiring and to take a look at it. Please also let us know what type of coupon, the code and percentage you're looking to create that will never expire. We can then work directly with your account and get this resolved.

We're standing by

Thank you. Here's the problem with that, McK. I am the admin for the SM website. The photographer is always out of the country shooting. He pays ME to maintain the site, therefore, I'm the one asking the questions. It is little help to us to have you write to HIS address (the one associated with the account), a week or so later he receives the email when he gets somewhere with wifi, wonders what it is, forwards to me. Years ago, I used to be able to communicate with SM directly. I understand security and all that, but you are making this very cumbersome. Thanks for your reply and for listening to my complaint!