Sony DVDirect Express for CX190

SteveGGSteveGG Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited February 13, 2015 in Video
The manual says that I can burn DVDs but Sony says that all the compatible stuff is no longer in production. So I'm getting a DVSMPC58U2VB from Amazon; very cheap. Will it work?:dunno

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,788 moderator
    edited February 4, 2015
    I am certain that you can find some software which will work with the Sony files and that DVD burner to support burning video DVDs.

It is always helpful to list your computer operating system and the type of video DVD you wish to burn. (Please be as detailed as possible to receive accurate advice.)

Also, do you wish to editing as well as burning?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • SteveGGSteveGG Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 13, 2015
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    I am certain that you can find some software which will work with the Sony files and that DVD burner to support burning video DVDs.

It is always helpful to list your computer operating system and the type of video DVD you wish to burn. (Please be as detailed as possible to receive accurate advice.)

Also, do you wish to editing as well as burning?

Many thanks for responding !
    DVD burner has arrived, but the included "instructions" are completely vague and unusable. I only wanted to make some type of common DVDs, for use in any machine.

System is Dell and using Windows 7 ...
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,788 moderator
    edited February 13, 2015
    Assuming that you have one of the following Windows 7 versions:

Home Premium
    Professional
    Ultimate
    Enterprise

... I believe that you should have an included program, "Windows DVD Maker". This is a very basic software and far from perfect, but it is included and free. You may wish to look at the following directions for basic use of Windows DVD Maker:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/burn-a-dvd-video-disc-with-windows-dvd-maker#

For a much better product, with much better editing and burning options, I much prefer Corel Video Studio Pro X7

On my Windows 7 machine this works much better than most other software I've tried, and it includes a basic music library to create custom intros, musical transitions, etc. I have also done traveling mattes with this software, which is rather unique in this price range. Not free, but a true value for what you get.

Do check the system requirements to see if your machine has sufficient hardware and free drive space.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums