South Punjab

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited February 25, 2016 in Journeys
Made a trip to south of Punjab, place known for exotic summer, desert, saints and palaces. We actually went to check out Jeep Rally in Cholistan.

1. The night we reached Cholistan, Darawar fort is landmark of cholistan.

IMG_4245-X2.jpg

2. Next morning we were all set up for jeep rally, while i was testing my camera i realized small village of 4 or 5 houses just next to venue and met this little girl

IMG_4342-X2.jpg

3. And show started,
IMG_4380-X2.jpg
IMG_4407-X2.jpg

5. soon i realized it was bit too much for my sluggish memory cards and 5dmk2 :D and i truned to small village

IMG_4476-X2.jpg

6. Met some amazing people in the village
IMG_4461-X2.jpg

IMG_4475-X2.jpg

IMG_4487-X2.jpg

9. Rug seller
IMG_4481-X2.jpg

10. and then we departed for city and met these kids on our way
IMG_4500-X2.jpg

11. South Punjab is full of shrines of saints, we went to uch sharif for star trails but realized sky was grey for whole night, 10pm in deserted grave yard was not a good idea, but guard was very supportive (more from this tomb later)
IMG_4960-X2.jpg

12. Bahwalpur is known for its forts, the region was ruled by Nawabs upto 60's until they agreed to merge with Pakistan. Their are many palaces from that period, special permission is required to enter these palaces we were lucky to have a permit!
IMG_4537-X2.jpg

13. Chunri (a special type of women fabric) seller in Bahawalpur
IMG_5126-X2.jpg

14. Boy in Rung Bazaar (colorful bazaar), whole bazaar dedicated to women clothing.
IMG_5112-X2.jpg

Next we left for Multan, city actually known as City of Saints.

15. Saw some rikshah auto lined up
IMG_5156-X2.jpg

IMG_5170-X2.jpg

IMG_5165-X2.jpg

18. Paid a visit to various shrines in city:
IMG_5433-X2.jpg

IMG_5393-X2.jpg

IMG_5207-X2.jpg

our trip concluded with shopping for home ministry in Multani Bazaarz :)

IMG_5478-X2.jpg

IMG_5513-X2.jpg

IMG_5495-X2.jpg
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited February 24, 2015
    You have some wonderful shots here Awais!
    #19 is pure magic, and #10 and #20 jumped out at me too.

Thanks for sharing these.

--- Denise
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited February 24, 2015
    These are all wonderful shots, Awais. My fave's are 5, 7, 8, 9, 13, 16, 20 and 23.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2015
    You have some wonderful shots here Awais!
    #19 is pure magic, and #10 and #20 jumped out at me too.

Thanks for sharing these.

--- Denise
    Thanks Denise, 19 is actually my favorite too. It is through mosaic of mirrors inside shrine and i was waiting for human subject to enter the door and he was a little boy, those colorful cloths are covers of graves of saints.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2015
    Wonderful series, Awais. When this page first opened, #1 blew me away. Hard to pick favorites from this set, but #1 still captures me. #5 is sublime.
  • captnemocaptnemo Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2015
    Great job as all ways-the portraits really stand out, and the colors are wonderful.
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2015
    Whenever I see your images ... I think ... You are the eyes ... and the soul of Pakistan. Thank you for sharing.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
    edited March 4, 2015
    Thank you my friends!

My Gallery
  • TravelAmyTravelAmy Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2015
    Love photo number 2 !! she is so cute and I love the colors.
    Amy VK
    Travel Photographer
    www.amyvk.com
    edited March 26, 2015
    TravelAmy wrote: »
    Love photo number 2 !! she is so cute and I love the colors.

Thanks! glad you liked it!

My Gallery
    edited March 28, 2015
    More from South Punjab
    A few more from the trip:

IMG_5036-L.jpg

IMG_5419-L.jpg
    Calm viewer in the middle of dust!
    IMG_4405-L.jpg

Ruins of 3 shrines

IMG_4754-L.jpg

IMG_4759-L.jpg

IMG_4795-L.jpg

IMG_4784-L.jpg

IMG_5524-L.jpg

My Gallery
  • 2day2day Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited April 12, 2015
    I am always so moved by your work. Thank you for sharing it with the world.
    Lois Doubleday
    www.imagingthat.co
  • TravelTravel Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2015
    # 15 is awesome!
    edited May 18, 2015
    Thanks guys! cannot wait to go on next trip... need good company!

My Gallery
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2015
    When I grow up, I want to shoot like Awais Yaqub.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2015
    Wonderful set! Thank you for sharing!
  • AddiebeeAddiebee Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited May 25, 2015
    Lovely set
    Your work is beautiful. I really enjoy the diversity in your sets, and how you utilize color and do not feel the need to make most photos black and white. I look forward to seeing more of your work. :D
    Addie
    http://addiebee.smugmug.com/
    "Hang on to your dreams with everything you got. Because the best life is when your dreams come true. The second-best is when they don't but you never stop chasing them." ~ Tim Dorsey
    edited May 30, 2015
    Seefutlung wrote: »
    When I grow up, I want to shoot like Awais Yaqub.

bowdown.gif that is one comment i can frame and hang on my wall and brag forever mwink.gif

My Gallery
    edited May 30, 2015
    Juano wrote: »
    Wonderful set! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks Juano! i am glad you liked it

My Gallery
    edited May 30, 2015
    Addiebee wrote: »
    Your work is beautiful. I really enjoy the diversity in your sets, and how you utilize color and do not feel the need to make most photos black and white. I look forward to seeing more of your work. :D

BW will just take life away from it, the region is meant to shoot in color! iloveyou.gif thanks for comments!

My Gallery
  • PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2015
    Your photos are quite amazing. I'm always inspired by your angles and the different way you see things. Its really something.
    edited June 2, 2015
    Prezwoodz wrote: »
    Your photos are quite amazing. I'm always inspired by your angles and the different way you see things. Its really something.

Thanks Kelsey glad you liked them and thanks for appreciation!

My Gallery
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2015
    plenty of photos ops !
    edited July 13, 2015
    Brett1000 wrote: »
    plenty of photos ops !

nod.gif

My Gallery
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2015
    A wonderful series of images. I don't think it possible for me to pick a favorite. Your work is inspiring.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • LornceLornce Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2015
    Great stuff.
    edited September 21, 2015
    thanks guys! here is one more from trip

IMG_4334-X2.jpg

My Gallery
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2016
    Wow, your first image is amazing. Love the lighting and fireworks mix. How do you get all of the people to pose for you? Faces are so interesting to me. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to your next post.

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
    edited February 3, 2016
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Wow, your first image is amazing. Love the lighting and fireworks mix. How do you get all of the people to pose for you? Faces are so interesting to me. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to your next post.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Ed, pose is always issue for me as most people are in rush, caught in rush hour or busy in their own business. I always ask for photo try to socialize and start clicking while they try to pose by themselves. Most times subjects are looking away from camera with smile or pure focus because other people (out of frame) are hurling comments at subject and subject person is just responding to them.

I will be posting new post in few days about sindh region i recently visited you can see few in following gallery:http://www.awaisyaqub.com/Photography/Sindh

My Gallery
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2016
    I looked at your website and noticed that you had some images from Istanbul. Nice images. Two of my daughters spent a week vacationing in Istanbul and Bodrum a couple of years ago. My oldest daughter, much to her surprise, told me that Istanbul was very clean and modern for the most part, and nothing like what you might suspect from watching the news here in the states.

Unfortunately, and I suspect it's this way around the world, it's propaganda's job to keep us separated and suspicious of each other in support of local political motivations.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2016
    Hi Awais, I just stumbled across this thread and had to comment. Beautiful shots - I especially love how you've captured the beautiful people.

Thanks for sharing your work!

Cheers, Sara