Options

iOS Browsing app v2.1

ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
edited February 28, 2015 in SmugMug Product News
Hi All,
We're continuing to release new versions of our iOS Browsing app and I'll be keeping this thread up to date with information.

Head on over to the App Store and get the app today!

i-zfK8rjK-L.png

** 2.2 Release Notes **
Uploading, woot! :clap

** 2.1.1 Release Notes **

-fixes some reports of crashing when visiting albums

** 2.1 Release Notes **

-faster and easier to use
-improved or fixed several issues including honoring image order
-better handling of really large accounts and albums.
Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
SmugMug iOS Sorcerer

Comments

• Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited August 11, 2014
    Some people had some crashing issues, which we believe are fixed in 2.1.1, released today. Let us know if you see any others.
  • Options
    ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2014
    We're aware of some issues in iOS8 with the new uploading release, in particular the issue where you can't see all your photos in the uploading screen. We're working on getting a fix out for this and better support for iPhone 6 and 6+ screens ASAP.
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    acauroraacaurora Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2015
    I have a question regarding owner downloads - is it possible to download non-watermarked versions of the photos from our own galleries? I could swear that it was possible in a previous version but I could be wrong. This feature would be useful if I need to grab a picture from my galleries without the watermark.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2015
    acaurora wrote: »
    I have a question regarding owner downloads - is it possible to download non-watermarked versions of the photos from our own galleries? I could swear that it was possible in a previous version but I could be wrong. This feature would be useful if I need to grab a picture from my galleries without the watermark.
    If you have originals allowed that's what you get in downloads. If you're logged in it does not mater
    what you have allowed for displayed size, the down load is the original. Originals are not watermarked,
    only the generated display sizes.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    If you have originals allowed that's what you get in downloads. If you're logged in it does not mater
    what you have allowed for displayed size, the down load is the original. Originals are not watermarked,
    only the generated display sizes.

Hmmm maybe I'm confused here. In my galleries I have large as the biggest size displayed. I am "logged in" on the app as in I am listed under the "Users". However whenever I download an image it's always the watermarked version??
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited February 18, 2015
    acaurora wrote: »
    Hmmm maybe I'm confused here. In my galleries I have large as the biggest size displayed. I am "logged in" on the app as in I am listed under the "Users". However whenever I download an image it's always the watermarked version??

Let me check with the iOS Dev Team and get back to you regarding whether or not logging in will allow you to download larger than the Max Display size of the gallery. Only the original doesn't contain the watermark.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2015
    Any update on this?
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited February 23, 2015
    We always honor the "Max Display Size", regardless of whether or not you are logged in. Setting the Max Display size to Original will let you grab the unwatermarked copy. This doesn't seem ideal to me so I'll talk to the iOS team to see if we can update the behavior. If you're logged in, it should ignore max display size.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2015
    leftquark wrote: »
    If you're logged in, it should ignore max display size.

ne_nau.gif Right. That's what it should do, which it currently doesn't. I would think that, as you stated, if I am logged in and in a gallery that has a max display size of, say, 2XL, or something other than original, if I hit "Save to Camera Roll", it should download the original unwatermarked version. That would be ideal.
  • Options
    androidtandroidt Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2015
    +1
    I have a similar problem and would like to see this change implemented. My images aren't watermarked like the OP but I need to be able to download the original sized image to my Ipad. I would really like to do this directly from the SmugMug App but it isn't possible (or at least I haven't found a way), even when the option is set to allow full size downloads. Right now, I have to log into my account in Safari and change the Gallery Settings to allow full size downloads, then browse to the gallery in Safari and view the photo full size, then pick the icon to download the image (the image doesn't actually download at this point, which it should), then tap the screen and hold until the "Save Image" menu pops up, and finally it is saved full size. Then, back into Gallery Setting to to disable full size downloads.

It would be nice if this was all possible from within the SmugMug App...give the owner the ability to download whatever size they want.
    Thanks,
    Andrew