Options

Sharegroups: a different browsing method?

rougetaureaurougetaureau Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited March 2, 2015 in Bug Reporting
Hi.
I'll speak about my specific needs, maybe it will ring a bell for others SmugMug users.
I love the SHAREGROUPS feature, because it allows me to open different galleries to co-workers on specific projects, with just one web address. In fact, I think in my line of work, it is a must.
Problem is: when a co-worker clicks on a sharegroup link, and then click on a gallery, the folders/galleries hierarchy above the gallery revert back to the whole site, not the specific sharegroup he is allowed to see.
Is there any way around this?

To sum up:
instead of seeing/browsing:
SITE/FOLDER/FOLDER/FOLDER/GALLERY
i'd like my Sharegroups visitors to see/browse
SHAREGROUP/GALLERY

Comments

• Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2014
    This is actually a bug on our end that affects the "breadcrumb" when you use Sharegroups that are set to have a custom URL. However, the problem does not occur if you do not use the custom URL option in the Sharegroup settings. In that case, you'd see a link to the Sharegroup appear in the breadcrumb inside each gallery within that sharegroup, so that is a workaround you might use for now.
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    xravexrave Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 23, 2015
    Any fix in the works for this
    Having a share gallery with a non customized link makes the site look bad when groups of clients go to the shared group page
  • Options
    SmugMugHeroPamelaSmugMugHeroPamela Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2015
    We do not have a timeline on resolution. Engineers are aware and that's the only info we have.
    ~Pamela
    SmugMugHero