Options

Simple hay field

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited March 12, 2015 in Landscapes
It just caught my eye as I was driving by. C&C's requested.
D7100 HDR composite... f/14 taken @ 1/160, 1/320, & 1/640 with ISO 640.

DSC_0184_5_6HDR-edit-7-X2.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2015
    Loved it right away! Causing me to stare at it! Minimalist and beautiful!
    There is nice tree family in there too! Mom, dad, and 3 tree kids!
    Wonderful!clap.gif
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Loved it right away! Causing me to stare at it! Minimalist and beautiful!
    There is nice tree family in there too! Mom, dad, and 3 tree kids!
    Wonderful!clap.gif
    Taz, Thanks so much. You don't realize how much that means to me coming from a guy who can capture the landscapes that you have posted! Much appreciated!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2015
    Pretty fabulous shot, indeed!
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2015
    I like the shot very much. My only thought is that you might consider cropping out everything below the top of where your name appears. That would get the horizon away from the center, and there's nothing down there that matters. But that's just taste, and it's a fine shot either way.
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2015
    Cornflake wrote: »
    I like the shot very much. My only thought is that you might consider cropping out everything below the top of where your name appears. That would get the horizon away from the center, and there's nothing down there that matters. But that's just taste, and it's a fine shot either way.

Don, I'll have to admit that cropping this shot was one of the hardest parts of the whole process. I started to cut off more from the left which places the tree more into the left aspect of the picture but then decided I didn't want to lose the "hay" color in that area. Now that I look at it I think you might be right about bringing the horizon down a bit. Here's the alternate crop you suggested.
    Thanks for commenting.

DSC_0184_5_6HDR-edit-7-7-X2.jpg

• Options
    edited March 11, 2015
    Pretty fabulous shot, indeed!

JonaBeth, thank you so much for the kind comment!

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2015
    Wayne, I like the crop, but the key question is whether you do.
  • Options
    PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2015
    Wayne, you have a really nice shot here, but I'm going to agree with Don (cornflake) - I like the cropped version much better. The color of the hay and sky compliment each other nicely.

Mike
    flickr
    I welcome your feedback, but leave the editing to me - thanks!
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2015
    My first thought was a crop of the bottom, then I noticed it had been suggested. The cropped version is great. v
    Very good processing of the HDR, not that over the top cartoonish finish. Well done thumb.gifthumb

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2015
    Now that i see cropped version, I vote for it too! Great eye Don!
    Again, Kudos Wayne!
  • Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2015
  • Options
    bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2015
    I like it. The cropped image works for me and I love the color.
    -Len
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2015
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Wayne, I like the crop, but the key question is whether you do.
    Wayne, you have a really nice shot here, but I'm going to agree with Don (cornflake) - I like the cropped version much better. The color of the hay and sky compliment each other nicely.

Mike

Mike & Don, I'll have to agree with you guys. I like the cropped version also. I think moving the horizon down in this picture accentuates the tree against the sky. That's a big part of the picture for me as well as the contrast between the color of the sky and foreground hay. Thanks to all.

• Options
    edited March 12, 2015
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    My first thought was a crop of the bottom, then I noticed it had been suggested. The cropped version is great. v
    Very good processing of the HDR, not that over the top cartoonish finish. Well done thumb.gifthumb

Phil

Phil, thanks so much for commenting. I agree on the cropped version vs original. I am really working on my HDR!

• Options
    edited March 12, 2015
    boco wrote: »
    mooie foto.
    grt,boco.

Boco , dank je. Je bent erg aardig!

• Options
    edited March 12, 2015
    I like it. The cropped image works for me and I love the color.
    -Len

Len, thanks so much. I must admit that it was the color of the sky against the field that caught my eye. The tree shape was also inviting. Thanks for commenting.

• Options
    edited March 12, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Now that i see cropped version, I vote for it too! Great eye Don!
    Again, Kudos Wayne!

Taz, thanks so much. I have to agree. The crop really works.