Options

A Little Point Reyes

PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
edited March 15, 2015 in Landscapes
I posted a number of shots in "journeys" covering a recent trip around the bay area (and thanks for commenting Jo & Wayne), but I wanted to see if I could get a little more feedback around these two:

iMG_7300a%201920x1200-X2.jpg

iMG_7339a%201920x1200-Edit-X2.jpg

Do they work? What would make them better? :dunno

Thanks,

Mike
flickr
I welcome your feedback, but leave the editing to me - thanks!

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2015
    Love the light and unique processing....second one appears to be HDRish.....
    For first one....if mine.....I would get rid of houses on right and cars...or trailers on left...
    Lovely!
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2015
    Mike, for me #1 has been a favorite of mine in this series all along. Beautiful colors sharply focused and the contrast between the tree colors and sky really works. Also the reflection in the foreground simply multiplies this effect! I'm really enjoying seeing this shot again! clap.gif
    #2...now this is just me...a somewhat "dry" foreground and rather photoshopped (not saying it really is!)
    looking pattern of sun rays and sky. I agree with Taz's comments as well. Another aside...and this is again just me... not a big fan of telephone poles and power lines. Others may see them differently...e.g.
    adding to the vanishing point effect etc.

The bay series as a group is just outstanding.

P.S. I still like the bay bridge and fog shot. :D
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2015
    I agree with Mike on all counts. Well done.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2015
  • Options
    PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback. The second shot isn't HDR, but I did use a couple different exposures and masks to balance the exposure. The difference between light and shadow was too great for a single shot. Mostly I was trying to capture what I saw when standing there. It was quite an impressive sight.

Thanks again,

Mike
    flickr
    I welcome your feedback, but leave the editing to me - thanks!