EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
edited March 25, 2015 in Nikon Land
I have a D800, w/grip

And

14-24
24-70
70-200 VR2

and the new Sigma 120-300 2.8

Just trying to sell locally and the offers are ridiculous.

Also have 3 flashes, triggers bags etc, and I get peeps emailing saying how about $2900 for all of it?

Is that all this gear is worth anymore?

If I keep it and wait, next year I'll probably be giving it away to the neighbor kids to fry ants with on the sidewalk??

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited March 19, 2015
    If I keep it and wait, next year I'll probably be giving it away to the neighbor kids to fry ants with on the sidewalk??

I'll move into your neighborhood and have my kids hang out nearby, if that helps.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • codyjbennettcodyjbennett Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2015
    So, what are you hoping to get for items listed (or all)? What condition is each in?

Thanks!
  • EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2015
    On the body the AF back button I've worn the little white paint off, but otherwise its fine. 28K clicks

All 4 lenses are fine. Caps are scratched cause they end up in my pockets. But they are all clean. I have all the boxes.

I was thinking $1600 for the body w/grip and batteries, and $1400 for the two smaller zooms, and $1800 for the 70-200, and $3200 for the Sigma and I have the USB dock I'd throw in.

I wanna downsize to the Fuji and actually use the gear more. This gear is big and takes a huge bag. (which I'd toss in too) Course the images are amazing! But all that stuff rarely leaves the house.
    edited March 19, 2015
    David_S85 wrote: »
    I'll move into your neighborhood and have my kids hang out nearby, if that helps.

Ok give me a few more months!
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2015
    I always get a quote from KEH.com to see what the proper range is, and also, a fall back to sell to if I don't get good offers locally. Give it a shot
    edited March 19, 2015
    David_S85 wrote: »
    cmason wrote: »
    I always get a quote from KEH.com to see what the proper range is, and also, a fall back to sell to if I don't get good offers locally. Give it a shot

True, I priced stuff off their site, but will they give a quote without sending it in?
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2015
    True, I priced stuff off their site, but will they give a quote without sending it in?

Yes they will give you a quote based on your claimed condition. Once you ship it, and they do not agree, they will contact you with an updated quote.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2015
    I think your prices are pretty reasonable. Just a quick search on Ebay from recently sold listings:

D800 body only with battery/charger... avg closing price $1500
    14-24... avg $1350
    24-70... avg $1300
    70-200... avg $1800
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site