Faces from India

TravelAmyTravelAmy Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited March 28, 2015 in Journeys
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum but very excited to get started. :barb

I recently went on an amazing conservation photography adventure through India with the Wild foundation. The focus was to increase awareness of environmental issues through photography and blogging. Here you can see a few of the shots from our trip. I hope you will enjoy.

You can see more about the project at my blog

IMG_4209.jpg

IMG_4165-Edit.jpg

IMG_4355.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4005-Edit.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg
Amy VK
Travel Photographer
www.amyvk.com

Comments

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2015
    Welcome to the forum Amy! :D

You have some wonderful portraits here. I will leave any critique to the forum portrait gurus, but I find #2 is my favorite. White clothing on a white background just pops his colorful turban and his lovely, expressive face. This one is spectacular.

Great blog as well.
  • TravelAmyTravelAmy Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2015
    Thanks for the kinda feed back. Number 2 is one of my favs as well. I took a lot of shots of this guy but I stuck with the one that was more candid. Thanks for checking out my blog!!! Hoping to do some more trips over the summer.
    Amy VK
    Travel Photographer
    www.amyvk.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2015
    3 and 5 are my favorites among all these great portraits! thanks for sharing and welcome to the family!
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2015
    Welcome to DGrin Amy.

Outstanding shots! Hard for me to pic a favorite but if pressed to pick, #5 for it's unique composition and #10 for color and subject! Well done and I will check out your blog.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

edited March 27, 2015
    thanks everybody for the great remarks! Its always fun to see what photos people like and if it compares to my favs.
    Amy VK
    Travel Photographer
    www.amyvk.com
  • bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2015
    Great set! Love #2 especially, the white background really works well. Oh and welcome to dgrin from a fellow Boulderite!
    edited March 28, 2015
    Fun to see another person from boulder!!! Loved your work especially your travel work great stuff!
    Amy VK
    Travel Photographer
    www.amyvk.com