Options

Remove crop option from "buy now" dialog box

JSS44JSS44 Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited April 14, 2015 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have my site setup so that the only sizes available for sale are sizes that do not require image cropping. When someone adds an image to their cart, a dialog box pops up with the list of sizes I've made available, for example 8x12, 10x15, and 16x24. Then, once they select a specific size, say 8x12, a prompt to crop the image appears on the left hand side of the dialog box. I would like to be able to hide this since it only confuses people. Does someone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Jody

Comments

• Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2015
    I have a similar problem.
    People keep ordering 8" x 10" prints of 3 x 2 aspect ratio pictures and I know they are disappointed when the sides are cut off.
    How do you cause only non cropping sizes to be shown?

Cheers,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    JSS44JSS44 Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2015
    I have a similar problem.
    People keep ordering 8" x 10" prints of 3 x 2 aspect ratio pictures and I know they are disappointed when the sides are cut off.
    How do you cause only non cropping sizes to be shown?

Cheers,

Hi Dennis,

The way I do what (I think) you are asking about is to create separate pricelists for different aspect ratios. That is, images that are 2x3 get one list, with 8x12, 10x15, etc, sizes available, and 4x5 gets a separate list, with 8x10, etc, available.

My issue is that even though I've made only sizes that don't require cropping available, the buyer will still see a prompt to crop the image in the dialog box once they've chosen a particular size. That's the part I want to hide so that people don't get confused.