Options

Need Facts but Rumors will do

OspreyOsprey Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
edited April 18, 2015 in Accessories
I Ordered the new Nikon f4 vr 300mm tele in January when web sites started listing it. Mine from BH. They and all other US sellers do not have any to ship, I dont think they ever did. Does anyone know whats up. I am hoping to get one by September for a wildlife trip.

Any info.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,798 moderator
    edited April 18, 2015
    I believe that the Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4E PF ED VR is in "Recall" status right now as Nikon attempts to correct VR* issues and other potential production issues.

I suspect that within a month (or so) production could be well underway.

*(I believe that Nikon is handling the VR issues with a firmware update, issued Apr 7, 2015. At that page Nikon also states, "Depending upon the way the camera is held when shooting, or the shooting conditions, images may be blurred even after this lens firmware is updated.")
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    OspreyOsprey Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2015
    Thanks
    thumb.gif
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    I believe that the Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4E PF ED VR is in "Recall" status right now as Nikon attempts to correct VR* issues and other potential production issues.

I suspect that within a month (or so) production could be well underway.

*(I believe that Nikon is handling the VR issues with a firmware update, issued Apr 7, 2015. At that page Nikon also states, "Depending upon the way the camera is held when shooting, or the shooting conditions, images may be blurred even after this lens firmware is updated.")