Options

Share button gone?

rustybladesrustyblades Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
edited May 11, 2015 in Bug Reporting
I just noticed that the share button no longer appears on the smugmug style galleries. This is the button that allowed you to get a link. Were there any system changes over the last couple of days? It was working fine since the migration and as late as last Friday.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2015
    Yal, mines gone too, just used it today at 09:52 AM.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited May 4, 2015
    I'm still seeing a share button on smugmug style galleries.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2015
    I'm still seeing a share button on smugmug style galleries.

--- Denise
    I see that! They must of changed something today because I had the word "Share" on the left side of
    the main photo today at 10am.

You can see it in this shot.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited May 4, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    I see that! They must of changed something today because I had the word "Share" on the left side of
    the main photo today at 10am.

You can see it in this shot.
    Good point. I still see the word Share next to the icon in lightbox, just not in the smugmug gallery view.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2015
    Good point. I still see the word Share next to the icon in lightbox, just not in the smugmug gallery view.

--- Denise
    Light box was ok, had the "share" word.
    I just now added CSS to add the word "share" back in for the gallery, it used to be on the left side.

.sm-button.sm-button-image-share:after{
    content:" Share"; z-index:99!important;
    }
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited May 5, 2015
    We made changes today to the way in which Event Favorites are displayed on the images. Previously a giant heart icon was displayed in the center, and a slightly transparent black overlay was added, both covering the photo. The heart icon was moved to the upper right, shrunk, and the overlay removed to better display the photo.

As a side effect, and to ensure the Favorite/Unfavorite buttons fit, the Share Button was moved to the right.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited May 5, 2015
    The Share Button was moved to the right of the image on SmugMug gallery styles for design consistency: the buttons on the right all have actions associated with them and the share button is no exception.

I'll add a variation of Allen's code to my Customization page for those that would like the words "Share" to be returned.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2015
    leftquark wrote: »
    The Share Button was moved to the right of the image on SmugMug gallery styles for design consistency: the buttons on the right all have actions associated with them and the share button is no exception.

I'll add a variation of Allen's code to my Customization page for those that would like the words "Share" to be returned.
    That explains it. I had already moved the share button to be under the other icons on the right of the screen. It's probably off the screen somewhere. Something similar might also be why I can no longer fully access the customize>gallery. I no longer have the option of this gallery or all galleries. I'll make an enquiry on that problem in another thread.

Thanks for clearing up what happened to the share button.