Stay away from Sigma in New York

BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited May 20, 2015 in Flea Market
Stay away from the repair Sigma shop (headquarter) in New York.
I dont want to say that all people from New York are rude......................never mind.
I sent my 24-70 2.8 Sigma lens 3 times in order to get it fixed.
They are not customers oriented people and will send you back your lens without calling you if they have questions. They are awful.
I really love that lens but next time I'll just use it as a book holder

Bounty
:photo

Comments

• EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2012
    Thats too bad, I sent in a lens to Sigma, and had the opposite experience. They got it, fixed it, called me, told me it was done and on its way back. And send a nice little hand written note.
  • BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2013
    Wow!! I dont know what to say except that it took them 3 times to change a bunch of stuff on my lens without actually knowing what they were doing. At the end I was told to upgrade my software on my camera and now it works just fine.
    Maybe I wasn t lucky at least thats what I thought the first two times I sent them my lens.
    :photo
  • chaddchadd Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2015
    That's terrible! Rude people happen...I've had bad experience with repairing shops too.
    Thanks for sharing this.Now I won't go to that place.
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2015
    I've had some friends back home on Long Island walk in to their service center, and received outstanding service.
  • rdallandrdalland Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2015
    chadd wrote: »
    That's terrible! Rude people happen...I've had bad experience with repairing shops too.

I had my 50-150 f2.8 lens inspected, cleaned and the firmware updated by them in March of 2013. Service was exemplary. I wouldn't hesitate to send a lens to them again.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited May 15, 2015
    chadd wrote: »
    I'd recommend looking at the dates on posts here - this thread is from 2013. It's possible this was a single bad experience and it's possible that the place has improved in the 2+ years since the thread was posted.

--- Denise
  • chaddchadd Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited May 20, 2015
    I'd recommend looking at the dates on posts here - this thread is from 2013. It's possible this was a single bad experience and it's possible that the place has improved in the 2+ years since the thread was posted.

--- Denise
    Oh, I haven't paid attention to the date of the post ne_nau.gif. Thanks for answering me.
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins

i've had nothing but problems with sigma services myself a well.
    they're such a hit and miss that they're just not worth it.

Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook