Options

Homepage Slideshow Customization

dwdivazonadwdivazona Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited June 6, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
I have a slideshow on my homepage which was created with "Photo Source: Photos I Choose." I have chosen 37 pictures which do appear in the slideshow. But I want to change the order of the photos in the slideshow and I don't know where to do that. I cannot find my homepage slideshow anywhere in the Organize section of the site and I can't reorder the pictures in the slideshow from the site itself.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited June 6, 2015
    Click Customize... Content and Design.
    Then click on Homepage on the right. You should then see the content elements that were placed on your homepage. Hover over the slideshow content element and click the wrench.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2015
    Click Customize... Content and Design.
    Then click on Homepage on the right. You should then see the content elements that were placed on your homepage. Hover over the slideshow content element and click the wrench.

--- Denise

Thanks, Denise. I know how to do that and customize the elements of the slideshow. But what I can't do is actually change the order of the pictures in the slideshow. For instance, when I am looking at one of my galleries in the Organize section of my site, I see all the pictures in the gallery and I can click and drag the pictures into any order I want. But I can't see any place to to that with this slideshow I have created using the content blocks. Where can I see and move the pictures in this slideshow?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2015
    You could collect these photos into a gallery then sort the gallery. Then point the show to the gallery.
    This would be just a utility gallery so set it to "unlisted" so it doesn't show.

Or add a keyword to each photo something like "homepage slideshow" then use that in a smart gallery. You can sort
    the gallery and it would be much easier to add/remove photos by just editing the keyword.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited June 6, 2015
    dwdivazona wrote: »
    Thanks, Denise. I know how to do that and customize the elements of the slideshow. But what I can't do is actually change the order of the pictures in the slideshow. For instance, when I am looking at one of my galleries in the Organize section of my site, I see all the pictures in the gallery and I can click and drag the pictures into any order I want. But I can't see any place to to that with this slideshow I have created using the content blocks. Where can I see and move the pictures in this slideshow?
    I don't see any option in the slideshow content element to control the order of the photos shown. It's possible the photos are shown in the same order as in the gallery but I'm not sure.

Hopefully someone from SmugMug will jump in with an answer.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2015
    Thank you both. I ended up creating a new gallery for the slideshow so that it is easy to organize in the organize section of the site.

Thanks again!