Never Ending Games Challenge Discussion Thread

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited June 19, 2015
    Backward is not a shape or color so it shouldn't count. However, we since the next poster posted a backward picture and then a correct shape, we will just move on. I will pm the one who put up backward. Everyone else should stick to the simple rules just so we do not have the thread going off in all directions! In the future, if someone posts an incorrect item for the next person, the next person in should just go up to the previous poster above the offending, and continue from there. I will try and keep up and remove posts that are not correct.
  • kwschnautzkwschnautz Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 19, 2015
    Oops.
    I just posted twice, because my first post I forgot to change the title to match the previous post :(
    Ignore one... and use the right one.
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2015
    G: Gananoque, ON on St. Laurence River
    boats-X2.jpg
    https://www.facebook.com/Travelwaysphotos

Tatiana, I can't stop scrolling back and looking at this picture. I think the subtle colors and composition are fantastic. I would have this in a frame on a prominent wall of my home if I were you! clap.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2015
    kwschnautz wrote: »
    Q: Quiet... I'm Sleeping.
    20150516-_MG_8471-XL.jpg
    http://schnautz.smugmug.com/

kwschnautz - This is a terrific shot thumb.gif - timing is everything!
    edited June 19, 2015
    JAG wrote: »
    Spiral
    JMMed5290f-L.jpg

Next: crimson

JAG - the colors in this!!!! WOW.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2015
    Thank you so much Wayne - I'm honored by your comment!

Great idea of having this printed - I'm so happy with your appreciation and suggestion :)

Tatiana
    Tatiana, I can't stop scrolling back and looking at this picture. I think the subtle colors and composition are fantastic. I would have this in a frame on a prominent wall of my home if I were you! clap.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited June 20, 2015
    Backward is not a shape or color so it shouldn't count. However, we since the next poster posted a backward picture and then a correct shape, we will just move on. I will pm the one who put up backward. Everyone else should stick to the simple rules just so we do not have the thread going off in all directions! In the future, if someone posts an incorrect item for the next person, the next person in should just go up to the previous poster above the offending, and continue from there. I will try and keep up and remove posts that are not correct.

I got it and I really admire Lillian's beautiful "Backwards" photography. Thanks.
    Travelways.com
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2015
    Thanks Tatiana! It was easy enough to roll with - I thought of it as a position & in ballet, positions are shapes, and although backwards isn't one of them, it seemed to fit!!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
    edited June 20, 2015
    kwschnautz wrote: »
    I just posted twice, because my first post I forgot to change the title to match the previous post :(
    Ignore one... and use the right one.

First off, welcome to Dgrin! Also thanks for jumping in and participating. Unfortunately your first two images went to moderation. I went in this morning and deleted your first on but left your gorgeous rose for others to admire. Since no one saw your entry because of them being in lala land...the game moved on. Please feel welcomed to continue to participate. Your images should not go into moderation anymore.
    edited June 20, 2015
    Cavalier wrote: »
    JAG - the colors in this!!!! WOW.

Thanks Jo. Actually, this image was inspired by one of the first Dgrin challenges I entered when I first joined Dgrin. The theme was primary colors.
    edited June 20, 2015
    thumb.gif
    lkbart wrote: »
    Thanks Tatiana! It was easy enough to roll with - I thought of it as a position & in ballet, positions are shapes, and although backwards isn't one of them, it seemed to fit!!
    Travelways.com
    edited June 20, 2015
    travelways wrote: »
    I got it and I really admire Lillian's beautiful "Backwards" photography. Thanks.
    Yes, I figured since it fit so beautifully, I would let it roll through. No worries!
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2015
    Very fun new Challenge Joyce - I'm learning new shapes and colors already!!
    Since there is a somewhat finite number of shapes and colors, It'll be interesting to watch how creative and exotic the ideas get...
    Geometry was never this fun before! :giggle
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited June 20, 2015
    Earache wrote: »
    Very fun new Challenge Joyce - I'm learning new shapes and colors already!!
    Since there is a somewhat finite number of shapes and colors, It'll be interesting to watch how creative and exotic the ideas get...
    Geometry was never this fun before! :giggle

I agree Eric! Makes one want to look up shape and color names on a search engine to see if you can stump everyone! Nice work on finding Puce. That one could have several different shades/colors to qualify.
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2015
    I don't think Amazon is a color or a shape but I am going to assume it is green
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
    edited June 20, 2015
    grandmaR wrote: »
    I don't think Amazon is a color or a shape but I am going to assume it is green

"'Amazon' is a shade of Green that is 52% saturated and 48% bright. For reference purposes, Amazon has the hex value #3B7A57"

Your picture response was perfect GrandmaR.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

edited June 20, 2015
    Learn something new everyday!
    edited June 22, 2015
    Wayne, Pentagon was a tough one! Congrats on stumping us. My image is loosely interpreted as a Pentagon but I was at least able to come up with 5 sides. I actually waited for over 24 hours in hopes someone would come up with something better, but I didn't want the post to go stagnant either.
    edited June 22, 2015
    Wayne, Pentagon was a tough one! Congrats on stumping us. My image is loosely interpreted as a Pentagon but I was at least able to come up with 5 sides. I actually waited for over 24 hours in hopes someone would come up with something better, but I didn't want the post to go stagnant either.

Joyce, your picture is perfect. I didn't mean to stump anyone as I think that defeats the purpose of the thread. I did try to ask for something different and pentagon seemed to fit that purpose. I think accepting "best attempts" should be acceptable to all as the thread progresses. I thought Eric's picture to the "lemniscate" request deserved a prize!

Your response to "pentagon" was excellent. Bravo!

edited June 29, 2015
    Hexagonal pyramid
    breisac-X2.jpg

Next: Z shape
    https://www.facebook.com/Travelwaysphotos

This was incredibly imaginative! clap.gif
    ...and a very nice composition also.

edited June 29, 2015
    edited June 29, 2015
    This was incredibly imaginative!
    ...and a very nice composition also.

:smo

Travelways.com
    edited July 1, 2015
    Ha! 2 times now someone has posted after me the same 'theme' on the color and shapes game. I actually did a refresh after i found my images to be sure that no one posted while i was looking. I suggest that others do the same. When there are two image of the same theme with 2 different challenges for the next person, it will be up to that person coming in to decide which one they want to post to. Is that clear or should it be re-worded? I will most likely add it to the rules on the challenge.
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2015
    I also did the advanced view & the timing must have been such that it just missed - a minute or less between the posts! Luckily I was able to change my photo to fit the newer theme. :)
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
    edited July 1, 2015
    lkbart wrote: »
    I also did the advanced view & the timing must have been such that it just missed - a minute or less between the posts! Luckily I was able to change my photo to fit the newer theme. :)

Thanks so much Lillian. No worries, its all in fun and if people happen to check back in to see they missed in timing wise, they can do as you did! Otherwise, Ithink leaving it up to the next person who come in to be able to choose which of the 2 given themes they would like to choose will be fine also.
    thumb.gif
    edited July 7, 2015
    D is for Dahlia

i-JLqq7xK-X2.jpg

Musings & ramblings at http://denisegoldberg.blogspot.com, quick posts in google+

Denise, this is beautiful!

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited July 7, 2015
    D is for Dahlia

i-JLqq7xK-S.jpg

Denise, this is beautiful!
    Thank you!

It's getting to be dahlia season - I'm hoping for some beautiful flowers to shoot but I'm not sure I will be able to surpass this shot.

--- Denise
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2015
    @denisegoldberg. is this at Halibut Point, Cape Ann?

201505_7D_1174L-S.jpg
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited July 9, 2015
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    @denisegoldberg. is this at Halibut Point, Cape Ann?

201505_7D_1174L-S.jpg
    @DonRicklin

Ah, Halibut Point is a favorite spot of mine!

No, this was taken on the Schoodic Peninsula in Acadia National Park.

--- Denise
    edited July 13, 2015
    Letter H
    Is the letter H too difficult? I'm changing it to the letter C. Will this be better?
    Travelways.com