Applying a Price List to an Individual Image

ivegotyourpicture.comivegotyourpicture.com Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited June 23, 2015 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi - I have a gallery with a price list; and would like to apply a different price list to only particular images within that gallery. If I apply the 2nd price list to the specific images within that gallery, does it simply over ride the price list that is applied to the gallery? So that all but these few special images will have the default price list, and the few special images will have the 2nd price list?

Thx.

Comments

• zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2015
    Yes :). Go into the Account Settings > Business > Selling tab, click on your pricelist, then click Edit List. Now on the right side of the pricelist editing screen click on the Single Photos button to apply that pricelist to specific images, then click Apply Changes.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • ivegotyourpicture.comivegotyourpicture.com Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited May 25, 2015
    Great - thanks! I thought that was how it would work, but wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.
  • jmsldjmsld Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 21, 2015
    Hello...
    Maybe I'm not looking in the correct place, but I cannot find the "Single Photos" button anywhere! I'm using Loxley Colour as my printing lab - does it matter which printing lab I'm using? What I wanted to do was to hide the Buy button from specific photos, i.e. allow people to view certain photos but not buy them.

Suggestions?
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited June 21, 2015
    jmsld wrote: »
    Maybe I'm not looking in the correct place, but I cannot find the "Single Photos" button anywhere! I'm using Loxley Colour as my printing lab - does it matter which printing lab I'm using? What I wanted to do was to hide the Buy button from specific photos, i.e. allow people to view certain photos but not buy them.
    There might be an easier way, but here's what I've done:

First I created a pricelist I called "not for sale" and selected no products. When I open the pricelist it says "This Pricelist is Empty".

If you're using an existing pricelist, click on the pricelist and click EDIT LIST.

I clicked on the SINGLE PHOTOS box in the "THIS PRICELIST IS APPLIED TO" section.

That took me to the page where I was able to choose photos to assign to the pricelist.

--- Denise
  • zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2015
    jmsld wrote: »
    Hello...

Suggestions?
    Hi jmsld,

I see you have a Portfolio account. The Portfolio account will allow you to use one pricelist which is applied to every photo and every gallery on your site. If you are looking to use more than one pricelist then you can upgrade to the Business plan.

To upgrade, go into the Account Settings > Me > Subscription page, and click the Change Plan button. Once you are upgraded to the Business plan you can use unlimited pricelists, and you will see the Single Photo button mentioned in the posts on this thread.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited June 22, 2015
    Additionally, if have your gallery set to display as "SmugMug" style (or temporarily change it to that) and click on the image you'd like to set the price on, you can then go to "Customize -> Set Prices." and use the window that opens to set the price of the individual photo.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited June 23, 2015
    leftquark wrote: »
    Additionally, if have your gallery set to display as "SmugMug" style (or temporarily change it to that) and click on the image you'd like to set the price on, you can then go to "Customize -> Set Prices." and use the window that opens to set the price of the individual photo.
    Aaron -
    Any possibility of enabling this from lightbox?

--- Denise