Wales

gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
edited June 25, 2015 in Journeys
Wales is Magic, Tolkien, ancient and myth-like, and CHEAP. We had a beautiful 1940s looking old hotel facing the ocean (this was our first stay: South Wales, near Dylan Thomas Land). The waitresses and all the women who worked there looked out of 1940 also, but it was not a gimmick. That's the way they looked. It cost $40 U.S. per night - a number of years ago but still... The ocean in July was so cold I almost walked on water to get back on shore.

After a few days stay went to northern Wales, Snowdonia, adjacent to Mt. Snowdonia, Heaven-on-Earth views, green and green and green, all the hills and mountains around. Another huge and beautiful hotel, again you could have been back in the '30s or '40s. A wonderful choir sang one night, and we listened enthralled, back in time. There the signs are in Welsh as also in English and we heard some of the townfolks speaking Welsh. Beautiful rhythmic language....

Go sometime, it is very beautiful and really a bargain, and so, so peaceful and relaxing....back in time...

Wales%2C%20Dusk-L.jpg

Mt.%20Snowdon%2C%20Wales%201-L.jpg

WALES%2C%20Country%20Scene-L.jpg

Wales%2C%20Mountain%20View-L.jpg

Wales-L.jpg

Wales%2C%20Road-L.jpg

Comments

• chrisjohnsonchrisjohnson Registered Users Posts: 771 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2015
    Some lovely shots and spectacular. Wales is a favourite destination of mine.
  • gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2015
    Some lovely shots and spectacular. Wales is a favourite destination of mine.

O you know it! A Fellow Lover of Wales! I'm so glad, out of all the people I know and have known only one knew Wales. But maybe that's better, they say magic Kingdoms are right there amongst us but only the wise can see them. Are you Welsh? From Wales if so?

Anyway, so happy you know it. Thanks for the note!
  • PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2015
    gvf wrote: »
    O you know it! A Fellow Lover of Wales! I'm so glad, out of all the people I know and have known only one knew Wales. But maybe that's better, they say magic Kingdoms are right there amongst us but only the wise can see them. Are you Welsh? From Wales if so?

Anyway, so happy you know it. Thanks for the note!

I've hiked Snowdon and spent a night on the cliffs outside of Aberystwyth under the stars. A wonderful place indeed!

this was my trip: http://www.kelseygrayphotography.com/Europe/Wales-2007/i-pLqFNpW
    edited June 21, 2015
    Prezwoodz wrote: »
    I've hiked Snowdon and spent a night on the cliffs outside of Aberystwyth under the stars. A wonderful place indeed!

this was my trip: http://www.kelseygrayphotography.com/Europe/Wales-2007/i-pLqFNpW

We all 3 know Wales! Those pics of yours are lovely - and I can feel the vertigo just looking at those of the cliff-climbing! What was the island? There was an island off the coast of Tenby, the first place we were, and we took a boat out there. If I recall it used to be a religious site, very beautiful and haunting.

Thanks for sharing your memories of the Magic Kingdom of Old....
  • StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2015
    Our family also loved Wales and cannot wait to go back someday! Would you be willing to share the name of the charming hotel you mention?
    edited June 24, 2015
    Our family also loved Wales and cannot wait to go back someday! Would you be willing to share the name of the charming hotel you mention?

Been a long while, can't recall, I'll ask the person who with me perhaps she can recall and I'll PM you if I get information.
  • ShahanaPinkyShahanaPinky Banned Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2015
    Too much beautiful shots.I am always impressed by your work. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    edited June 25, 2015
    Too much beautiful shots.I am always impressed by your work. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thank you. Half the trick is go to beautiful places! Or find the beautiful in the ordinary, a lone tiny flower peeking through a sidewalk crack.