Options

Moved to California, can't setup no-sales-tax

GolfnutGolfnut Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited July 13, 2015 in Bug Reporting
I moved from Colorado to California (May 11, 2015) and I am trying to reset my sales tax profile because I know that SmugMug manages all the sales tax for me in CA. However, when I go to that section of my profile, it won't let me change from Colorado to California because California is insensitive and if I try to leave the State blank, it says that my interest rate is invalid. PLEASE set it for me or tell me EXACTLY how to change it myself.

I have attached a picture of what I describe.
Thanks,
Charles

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited July 12, 2015
    Wasn't this answered in your Changing Sales Tax Info thread?

The help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93349-can-i-charge-state-sales-tax-on-print-orders- shows that SmugMug:
    Should I Be Collecting Tax, and How Much?

Pros in the states listed below need not collect tax using this feature, since SmugMug collects sales tax for all orders that are placed from and shipped to addresses in those states. That tax is then paid through SmugMug to the sales tax collection authority for the each of these states, so this amount is not shown in your Sales History.
    California is one of the states listed where sales tax is automatically collected and paid.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2015
    Sales Tax
    Wasn't this answered in your Changing Sales Tax Info thread?

The help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93349-can-i-charge-state-sales-tax-on-print-orders- shows that SmugMug:

California is one of the states listed where sales tax is automatically collected and paid.

--- Denise

I understand that; however, when I go to look at my Getting Paid section it still says "Colorado" for my state. That is not correct of course. So, I try to change it and I cannot. All I can do is exit without change and so when I go back it still says Colorado. Attached is what is looks like when I open the Getting Paid section.
    Charles
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2015
    This is a long shot, but what happens if you turn collect taxes to OFF, save, then turn it back on again?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2015
    This is a long shot, but what happens if you turn collect taxes to OFF, save, then turn it back on again?

--- Denise

It stays OFF. But don't I need to have it turned ON because I do want them to collect CA taxes and manage that. How do I tell SmugMug to collect CA taxes?
    Thanks,
    Charles
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2015
    Golfnut wrote: »
    It stays OFF. But don't I need to have it turned ON because I do want them to collect CA taxes and manage that. How do I tell SmugMug to collect CA taxes?
    Interesting. I can turn collect taxes on without specifying a state because I am in Massachusetts, another state for which smug automatically collects taxes. But I didn't have it set to a different state before.

I assume that it needs to be turned on but I could easily be mistaken.

If someone from smug doesn't respond here I would send an email to the help desk.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2015
    Interesting. I can turn collect taxes on without specifying a state because I am in Massachusetts, another state for which smug automatically collects taxes. But I didn't have it set to a different state before.

I assume that it needs to be turned on but I could easily be mistaken.

If someone from smug doesn't respond here I would send an email to the help desk.

--- Denise

As always, I appreciate your care as you help with SmugMug issues.
    Charles
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited July 13, 2015
    Charles,
    All you should need to do is update your billing address to your new California address and we'll take care of the rest. As long as the billing address is set to CA we'll collect sales tax, regardless of the tax collection setting.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations