Options

bullet list not working in html block

sgrottasgrotta Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited July 19, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
I've copied and pasted HTML from my legacy site with <ul><li> codes into an HTML block into the new site. And the bullet lists aren't working. Here is an example: http://www.amhands.com/About-American-Hands. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Sally

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    sgrotta wrote: »
    I've copied and pasted HTML from my legacy site with <ul><li> codes into an HTML block into the new site. And the bullet lists aren't working. Here is an example: http://www.amhands.com/About-American-Hands. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Sally
    Only you logged in can see your NewSmug site.

This is a known problem and there is CSS out there to fix it.
    Put this is the CSS tab of the html box.
    ul {
      list-style: inside;
      margin-left: 12px;
      padding: 5px 0;
    }

From this thread.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=242849
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    sgrottasgrotta Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    That worked. Thanks, Allen.
  • Options
    56Kruiser56Kruiser Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2015
    What am I doing wrong? It doesn't work for me. What I have done:

I created a new page; dropped a HTML box on the page; dropped HTML from an old Smugmug gallery; dropped th above CSS in the CSS tab for the same HTML box. Indent not working.

ANd by the way, I had dropped all CSS from my CSS box in the advanced settings for the old site in a box for CSS for entire site on the new Smugmug, and that same code is already in that. I tried removing that entire CSS forthe whole site just in case it conflicted some how.

Not working.

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2015
    56Kruiser wrote: »
    What am I doing wrong? It doesn't work for me. What I have done:

I created a new page; dropped a HTML box on the page; dropped HTML from an old Smugmug gallery; dropped th above CSS in the CSS tab for the same HTML box. Indent not working.
    Can you share a link to the page in question so we could take a look at it?
    ANd by the way, I had dropped all CSS from my CSS box in the advanced settings for the old site in a box for CSS for entire site on the new Smugmug, and that same code is already in that. I tried removing that entire CSS forthe whole site just in case it conflicted some how.
    I would highly advise against using any of your old SmugMug advanced CSS code unless it's code that you created on your own and you've tested it specifically to ensure that it's working as it should. The New SmugMug uses an entirely different system and for that reason none of your old SmugMug customizations are carried over. At best, the unverified old code is a clutter for you site that's slowing things down, at worst it may cause problems in usability for you or your visitors.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero