Options

Help with a Model Release Questio

DixiephotoDixiephoto Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited November 21, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
I need some help...
I have been approached by my son's school and asked to do a photo shoot with many of the kid's parents as a fund raiser for the PTA.

My question is this, do I need some type of model release agreement or any type of release to do this.

Also, would I need any type of release to post these same pictures on my smugmug site?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2005
    Dixiephoto wrote:
    I need some help...
    I have been approached by my son's school and asked to do a photo shoot with many of the kid's parents as a fund raiser for the PTA.

My question is this, do I need some type of model release agreement or any type of release to do this.

Also, would I need any type of release to post these same pictures on my smugmug site?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Are you selling the photos to the kids and their parents, or are you going to use the photos for other commercial purposes? If you're just selling to them, probably not (I'm not a lawyer....blah blah blah...)...but if you plan on posting them publicly, or otherwise using them for commercial purposes I probably wouldn't worry.

That said, there's a link in the people forum sticky, for model releases - you could ask them to sign before you take there photos, not really a big deal...

PS: got your email - the only dumb question, is the one that goes un-asked!

All the best,
  • Options
    DixiephotoDixiephoto Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Are you selling the photos to the kids and their parents, or are you going to use the photos for other commercial purposes? If you're just selling to them, probably not (I'm not a lawyer....blah blah blah...)...but if you plan on posting them publicly, or otherwise using them for commercial purposes I probably wouldn't worry.

That said, there's a link in the people forum sticky, for model releases - you could ask them to sign before you take there photos, not really a big deal...

PS: got your email - the only dumb question, is the one that goes un-asked!

All the best,
    Thanks Andy, I appreciate your help.
    Racheal