Options

It's been a while...

trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
edited July 28, 2015 in Weddings
...since I shared here. Here are some photos from a wedding a while back. Wedding was short, with only bride's mom and sister present. I met B/G at their place and then off to site for the short ceremony.

1i-GMFGxx9-L.jpg

2i-q7cPcj5-L.jpg

3i-cKzN5d2-L.jpg

4i-gtT38X6-L.jpg

5 i-2qv7mp3-L.jpg

6i-kjX3MjX-L.jpg

7i-dRGX27W-L.jpg

8i-VczBzSs-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2015
    Looks gorgeous! Well done with the positioning relative to light, background, framing, etc...

I think, if anything, I wish that #1 had been softened a little bit, maybe block that harsher light from hitting their faces too much, and I also wish that #6 had been composed a little more cleanly, with the tree in the background not "connecting" to them, and with the foreground element not cutting into her feet. Other than that, nothing else comes to mind!
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2015
  • Options
    chaddchadd Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2015
    Gorgeous set!
    They look so happy together. Photos are so atmospheric.
    The bride is incredibly beautiful on the 2nd shot.
  • Options
    ShahanaPinkyShahanaPinky Banned Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2015
    Wow !! amazing Photography. Glad to see this.
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2015
    Nice job! You made them look so natural and at ease. Too bad they did not have several hundred guests to see their charm.
  • Options
    WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2015
    Very nice set.

I agree with Matt (he know a lot more than me, why wouldn't I?) that #1 needs a little softening.

I also see a lot of potential for alternative versions of many of them with different cropping. #1, 2, 5, 6, & 7 would all make great square versions. #1, 2, and 7 would all make great close-ups of just the faces. I know that would cut off her rings in #1, but for a close-up face shot it would be okay. The poses in #1 and 7 are particularly good for a shot where the faces fill the frame, either square or 6x4.

#5 would make a great advertizing shot, business card, or a title card for this wedding's gallery, though I'd crop it so the bottom and right edges are much closer to the shoes.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2015
    Thanks all! Here's a few more.

1i-4Ttbwnq-XL.jpg

2i-rLmCmm9-XL.jpg

3i-btC66Wp-XL.jpg

4i-NRpJpfK-XL.jpg

5i-XBN69KV-XL.jpg

6i-9tsh9gz-XL.jpg
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2015
    These are all absolutely lovely! I really like #2 in the new batch, maybe could be a touch warmer, but nice pose, expressions, etc. Wonderful work.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain