Comments

• Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2015
    Wonderful engaging shot!
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2015
    Great shot. No one seems very happy though...
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited July 22, 2015
    Nice one. At first I thought it must be a political demonstration, but a closer look showed that only one guy in the back is carrying a placard, which is not legible; the others seem to be mounted on a wall or fence. Also, no cops. So I guess it's something else, but I have no idea what it is. Maybe just normal (insane) traffic? Or a backup caused by a train crossing? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2015
    rainbow wrote: »
    Wonderful engaging shot!
    Thanks rainbow...
    BTW... please post more of your work!
    Juano wrote: »
    Great shot. No one seems very happy though...
    I'm not sure why Cristóbal... as they were all headed for lots of fun at the Comic-Con convention...
    Perhaps they were gripped with anticipation and the stress of the crowding?
    Richard wrote: »
    Nice one. At first I thought it must be a political demonstration, but a closer look showed that only one guy in the back is carrying a placard, which is not legible; the others seem to be mounted on a wall or fence. Also, no cops. So I guess it's something else, but I have no idea what it is. Maybe just normal (insane) traffic? Or a backup caused by a train crossing? ne_nau.gif

Thanks Richard... these folks were headed for the entrance to Comic-Con, our annual gathering of the pop culture whack-a-doodles. rolleyes1.gif
    The doors were about to open and they were of single-minded determination to get inside.
    The big crowds attract demonstrators of many different points-of-view... it becomes a genuine human zoo! Cops are not in frame here, but are nevertheless, very present at this event.

More crowds outside:

Good%20Times-XL.jpg

Got%20Crowd-XL.jpg

Sleepy%20Hollow-XL.jpg
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2015
    Eric, I was depending on you to be there this year and send the pictures. You did not disappoint.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2015
    Eric, I was depending on you to be there this year and send the pictures. You did not disappoint.
    Thank-you Wayne... however, full disclosure, I'm afraid I might disappoint - mildly I hope... :D
    These images are from last year... I fully intended to go this year, but I caught Influenza B that week and had to sit it out.
    I was super bummed, and wondering, who the heck gets the flu in the summertime?
    Cheers!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2015
    Earache wrote: »
    Thank-you Wayne... however, full disclosure, I'm afraid I might disappoint - mildly I hope... :D
    These images are from last year... I fully intended to go this year, but I caught Influenza B that week and had to sit it out.
    I was super bummed, and wondering, who the heck gets the flu in the summertime?
    Cheers!

No problem, Eric. Glad you are better. I followed some of the Comic-Con on the news and thought about you. You had posted some excellent shots from Comic-Con a few months ago as I recall.
    It is a very eclectic gathering to say the least. I'm sure you were disappointed not to be able to capture the colors and activities. It appears to me that your influenza bug has no concept of time! :D
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53