Which Monitor Please!

JaedaJaeda Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited August 12, 2015 in Digital Darkroom
Any suggestions on best 24 inch monitor for photo editing under the $500 range.
Appreciate anyone's input!
Thank you!

Comments

• JaedaJaeda Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2015
    No one able to advise a fellow photographer on purchasing a new monitor.....no one? :(
  • Don KondraDon Kondra Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2015
    Look at the Dell IPS models.

I have two U2412M's calibrated with a SpyderPro 4 and am pleased...

Cheers, Don
  • OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2015
    I second Dell Ultrasharp in that price range. I've had 2412s in the past and this last time I went with the U2413. It is absolutely gorgeous, although it does need to be calibrated before using to edit photos. It is shockingly bright out of the box and the reds on mine were electric. eek7.gif Once calibrated it is amazing.

I can tell you what to stay away from - A few years ago I needed to save some money and the only IPS monitor that fit my budget was the LG. It was the worst piece of junk I have ever owned, became totally useless for photo editing within a year and their customer service is non-existent. I went right back to Dell Ultrasharp.
  • JaedaJaeda Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2015
    Don and OffTopic, thank you so much, I appreciate your responses. It's so confusing when there are so many choices. Reading reviews that are sometimes so mixed........and searches on forums for any information has proven to be quite outdated so your suggestions are so helpful...
    Off to check out Dell.....thank you!