Options

photos been processing for a long time lately?

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited November 21, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Anybody else notice that the processing image takes a lot longer than it used to lately?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    Anybody else notice that the processing image takes a lot longer than it used to lately?

We have had a couple reports of this.

Try a couple things: 1) log out, and look at the gallery - are the photos there?

2) please email help@smugmug.com with the gallery link that's exhibiting this behavior, and also please say in your email which uploader you were using, and are you on Mac or PC.

Thanks and sorry you are having trouble with this. BTW - if you can reload those images, or the whole gallery - things should be normal now.

All the best,
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    I suppose I should be more clear when I say long time. It's not hours, but instead of being near instant like usual it seems to take maybe 5 minutes or so. I was just curious.
  • Options
    cybercrypt13cybercrypt13 Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    I suppose I should be more clear when I say long time. It's not hours, but instead of being near instant like usual it seems to take maybe 5 minutes or so. I was just curious.
    I have seen it as well and the images are not there. I've logged out and logged back in and looked at it from other browsers. I've even noticed that when posting images to this forum that i"ve just uploaded I had to wait an extra long time before it showed up on the forum.

Again as agreement to the other poster. Its not hours... Just longer than we're use to...:): I've been seeing times for a single image in the neighborhood of 2-5 minutes...
    --

glenn hancock
    http://www.gshutter.com
  • Options
    spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    I'm seeing it too.
    I agree. I'm seeing the same thing. The images shows as "Processing Image" for a lot longer than it used to after the upload.

-Trish
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    Sunday and Monday are our busiest days - the most uploading activity... two - five minutes is not unusual for peak times - but we do want to know if you have images that aren't appearing at all. Should be rare but we want to know.

Thanks!
  • Options
    cybercrypt13cybercrypt13 Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Sunday and Monday are our busiest days - the most uploading activity... two - five minutes is not unusual for peak times - but we do want to know if you have images that aren't appearing at all. Should be rare but we want to know.

Thanks!
    nope, images appear just fine. I figured it was just because you were busy so I didn't really worry with it...
    --

glenn hancock
    http://www.gshutter.com
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    Some have taken a bit longer. It seems to me that png files (or batch uploaded images that include at least one png) take a lot longer but that may be because there is a lot more processing that happens on the back end...but I don't really know, that's just a guess. But I wouldn't categorize it as being extreme in any case.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2005
    Andy wrote:

Thanks!
    Here is one I uploaded yesterday:

http://rickay.smugmug.com/gallery/296239/2/45239427

Post edit: Deleted and reuploaded. (Got tired of waiting for a reply) Works now.