Options

Bridge after Sunset

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited August 15, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
DSC_0423-2-8-X2.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2015
    Starburst city! Striking Wayne!clap.gif
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2015
    Taz, I really appreciate it!
    Shot at 30 secs, f14, ISO 180 (Nikkor 24-70mm @ 38mm)
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2015
    Wow! I don't think I've seen starbursts so dramatic. Great photo Wayne! (no filter, right?)
    -Len
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2015
    Wow! I don't think I've seen starbursts so dramatic. Great photo Wayne! (no filter, right?)
    -Len

Len, thanks for the kind comments. You are correct, no filter!

• Options
    edited August 9, 2015
    Another image from the same set earlier in the evening from the "up river" side of the same bridge. The images were taken Saturday after sunset. C & C's as always are welcomed.

DSC_0410-8-X2.jpg

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2015
    I think I like the second one even more! Nice blue hour sky!
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    I think I like the second one even more! Nice blue hour sky!

Taz, you are more than kind. Much appreciated.
    Regards!

• Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2015
    Very nice, Wayne! I think I prefer the first one, but they are both very well done. What bridge is this?
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2015
    moose135 wrote: »
    Very nice, Wayne! I think I prefer the first one, but they are both very well done. What bridge is this?

Moose, thanks for taking the time and the nice comments. This is the George P. Coleman bridge connecting Yorktown with Gloucester Va. across the York River. It's a favorite night shoot for me.
    Regards!

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2015
    They're both very well done! You've been on a roll.
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2015
    Cornflake wrote: »
    They're both very well done! You've been on a roll.

Don, thanks so much for your time. Your approval is greatly appreciated. Gotta say that you have had a real influence on me as to post processing! Your shots are so incredibly realistic in tone, contrast and color that I've started thinking frequently during my own post processing..."WWDD?":D
    Translation not needed I'm sure!
    Regards!

• Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2015
    Great images both. Amazing starburst.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2015
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Great images both. Amazing starburst.

Phil

Phil, your opinion is highly valued by me. Thank you!
    Regards!

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,035 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2015
    15524779-Ti.gif......What everyone else said! (Oh yea, and I'm sooooo jealous!)
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2015
    Cavalier wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif......What everyone else said! (Oh yea, and I'm sooooo jealous!)

Jo, You're the best! In the second picture you will see a line of rocks in the foreground. I had actually negotiated my way out to the end of a similar line of rocks jutting out into the river on which I positioned my tripod and camera for the shot. By the time I decided to move my position it had gotten darker. Did you know you can use a tripod as a cane? It was VERY interesting getting myself back to shore. Needless to say...fun was had by all.
    Regards!

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2015
    I'll throw my accolades in with all the others; super-nice work.thumb.gif Our fellow forum member, John ( Moose 135 ), is also a superior nighttime craftsman. Y'all's work serves as inspiration to me. Got to get off my lazy butt and give this genre of photography a go.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2015
    I'll throw my accolades in with all the others; super-nice work.thumb.gif Our fellow forum member, John ( Moose 135 ), is also a superior nighttime craftsman. Y'all's work serves as inspiration to me. Got to get off my lazy butt and give this genre of photography a go.

Take care,

Tom

Tom, your kind comments encourage me to keep up the effort! Can't thank you enough. Will look forward to any shots you might post here.
    Regards!

• Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2015
    The rich golds are incredible. $1M shot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2015
    CCoop wrote: »
    The rich golds are incredible. $1M shot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carter, means a great deal to me that you like the shot. Really enjoy your efforts as well. bowdown.gif
    Regards!