Options

SM site hacked! Starting from scratch - Need ISSUU support

LGPLGP Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
edited August 15, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Sigh. Long story short, earlier in the week, my SM website was hacked and converted from the Legacy SM into the New SM. They first got to my gmail account, changed password, moved to SM and changed password there also. Then they attempted to download photos from private galleries. By the time the zip files came, I had regained control of gmail but didn't discover the SM compromise until a bit later. Trying to stay positive. :puke1

In the meantime, I'm faced with the New SM design. Disappointed it cannot be reverted back to the Legacy, especially after so much of my life invested in it. Not against it, just not the right timing.

Right now I'm trying to fix links clients already have--Studio Guides created on ISSUU and embedded into SM. But there is no javascript or iframe support now which are the 2 options it comes in for embedding. Any ideas, hacks, tricks? Or would someone sweet talk the SM gurus into creating a "flip book" page style?

Thanks guys!
Going back to the board to write "I shall not reply trustworthy looking texts about 'security' issues with my google account." x100. :bash

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited August 12, 2015
    LGP wrote: »
    Right now I'm trying to fix links clients already have--Studio Guides created on ISSUU and embedded into SM. But there is no javascript or iframe support now which are the 2 options it comes in for embedding. Any ideas, hacks, tricks? Or would someone sweet talk the SM gurus into creating a "flip book" page style?
    I'm not aware of any way to embed something like this on a new smugmug site. Have you considered hosting these guides / flip books on another site that mimics the look of your smugmug site, at least repeating the menu entries so it is easy to jump between the two sites?

I've essentially done that with my blog. The blog and smug site are different but they share a header so it is possible to move between the two.

--- Denise
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2015
    I'm so sorry you were hacked in this way. I'm horrified at the depth and degree to which the hackers went. So sorry. Thank you for sharing that this happened, as it's a kind of "be alert wake up call" to everyone.