Options

Two issues with Trying New Smugmug

npudarnpudar Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited August 15, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
After lots of delay (never having enough time to properly play and configure) I finally broke down and "Tried New Smugmug". The reason I did this is because my legacy Slideshow stopped working, and I found a reference to having to make slideshows "not private" in the new version. I have two issues:

1) when in new smugmug, two of my folders are completely empty, and are missing their galleries. My "Friends" and "Favorites" folders are empty in the new smugmug, but all the photos are still safe in the legacy version. What has to happen to fix this? (I don't want to publish and lose photos!)

2) I can't find the setting in the new smugmug to change the privacy setting on my Slideshows (so that it will work again in legacy). Can someone show me ow to do that?

Thanks,
Nick

photos.pudar.com

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2015
    npudar wrote: »
    2) I can't find the setting in the new smugmug to change the privacy setting on my Slideshows (so that it will work again in legacy). Can someone show me ow to do that?

Thanks,
    Nick

photos.pudar.com
    I know of no security settings for slideshows.
    Slideshows can draw from everywhere but not a gallery set to "Private".
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2015
    1) when in new smugmug, two of my folders are completely empty, and are missing their galleries. My "Friends" and "Favorites" folders are empty in the new smugmug, but all the photos are still safe in the legacy version. What has to happen to fix this? (I don't want to publish and lose photos!)

Thanks,
    Nick

photos.pudar.com
    Go to organize and see if the whole tree is there. All trees should have your categories at the top level.
    If you add new galleries in NewSmug before going public they fall in OldSmug in a new folder that I can't remember the name of.

I found no way to see your tree structure in your OldSmug, might turn on the homepage box.
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    Go to organize and see if the whole tree is there. All trees should have your categories at the top level.
    If you add new galleries in NewSmug before going public they fall in OldSmug in a new folder that I can't remember the name of.

I found no way to see your tree structure in your OldSmug, might turn on the homepage box.

In "Organize"All the folders are there, but Friends and Favorites are empty.
    I'm not sure how to turn on the homepage box, but I turned on the categories view -- does that help?
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2015
    In "Organize"All the folders are there, but Friends and Favorites are empty.
    I'm not sure how to turn on the homepage box, but I turned on the categories view -- does that help?
    On both those folder pages in NewSmug is there a widget on the page? By default I think there are a
    folder and gallery box (widgets). Perhaps these boxes are missing. Go into "customize" and look.

Edit: just reread your post. If each of these folders are highlighted on the left tree you're saying
    nothing shows in the right pane?

Go to this link in NewSmug. It will redirect to a full link. Does the breadcrumb show the correct path?
    Like maybe a different parent folder (OldSmug cat name).
    http://photos.pudar.com/gallery/44934472_NGwz28
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2015
    It appears to have been a propagation timing issue. I waited a bit longer, and the photos are all there.
    Allen, I appreciate the responses.
    Nick
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited August 15, 2015
    Glad Allen beat me to it. I went to your site and it looks like everything is all there. I assume that the delayed galleries/photos were due to the fact that we re-index your photos (for search purposes) when you try out the New SmugMug and sometimes it can take a little while to go through all the photos. Please do let me know if you have any other questions with New SmugMug!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations