Options

Canon OEM LP-E6 batteries

onesickpuppyonesickpuppy Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
edited August 16, 2015 in House of Canon
I'm looking for two batteries, oem box/sleeve would be great!!

Need to be solid 3 bar recharge strength

send pics and price to me
note....I need pic of label side only

rb_images at msn dot com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited August 13, 2015
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2015
    I'm not comfortable with buying off amazon....since they are the largest source of counterfeit units
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited August 13, 2015
    I'm not comfortable with buying off amazon....since they are the largest source of counterfeit units
    But you are happy buying from a total stranger? And you want an OEM battery?
    Interesting.
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2015
    YES....due to them sending a pic of the label side, I'm able to determine if it meets Canons test.

Here is a great tool to use, from the Canon site

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/about_canon/standard_display/aboutcounterfeits

take the "quick test" and if I recall...the one for the LP-E6 is about 8 clicks back
    biggest difference is in logo design in upper right corner, comments on bottom of battery and
    description of where it was made in the middle left
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2015
    Many of the items in the Amazon link that Denise provided are not "counterfeit", but rather, aftermarket batteries that get very good reviews from
    users... At a fraction of the cost of OEM, I think the risk vs. reward factor is more than acceptable - I just ordered a couple of the aftermarket units... thanks for the link Denise!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2015
    Eric.....yes I fully understand that many are aftermarket brands.
    But I'm one of those that choose to use only OEM batteries.
    Yes, I know that many use aftermarket brands with no issues,
    but that is where we all have the choice to "choose" the quality
    and price we're willing to trust. In batteries, I have chose to
    only trust OEM ones.
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2015
    No argument here puppy... I have always used only OEM batteries... so, I understand that choice.
    I used to have an OEM source via local photography equipment shows at 25 bucks a unit, which was great, but the shows are no-more (frown).
    This will be my first experience with aftermarket... wish me luck!!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2015
    Geesh....................go the B&H, Adorama, buy the batteries.

Any issues they will take care of it.

Or I can sell you two Canon batteries with solid 3 bar recharging.

What's that? After you received them they are only one bar? You must have done something to them. Are you trying to scam me? No I am not returning your money. Go away!

ne_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gifdunno

Sam
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2015
    What are you talking about....Sam??
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2015
    Did someone crap in your Cheerios today Sam?
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    TravelTravel Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2015
    Sams right!
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited August 13, 2015
    Your claim is grossly exaggerated. They had a third-party vendor a few years ago that did that. As long as the seller is Amazon you won't have a problem.
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2015
    Travel wrote: »
    Sams right!

Some how your the only one who got it. rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Sam
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2015
    Sam wrote: »
    Some how your the only one who got it. rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Sam

Nope ... at least 2 got it :)

Re topic, last week I bought a Mallory version of exactly this battery for a 7D2, based on the performance of the same manufacturer's battery I bought for a 40D some time ago. Nowt's blown up yet.

pp
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2015
    Nope ... at least 2 got it :)

Re topic, last week I bought a Mallory version of exactly this battery for a 7D2, based on the performance of the same manufacturer's battery I bought for a 40D some time ago. Nowt's blown up yet.

pp

I am not going to enter the debate of which battery is superior. The OP wants to buy genuine Canon batteries. No problem.

But buying used batteries is akin to buying used underwear. :D

Sam
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2015
    It is obvious that this thread is doomed....thanks Sam

There are many reasons for considering used versus new....as there is many reasons why one would
    hijack a thread for their own reasons......thanks Sam

Based on his own analysis....being eccentric has been proven...thanks Sam

Now I remember why I rarely use Dgrin :)
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2015
    It is obvious that this thread is doomed....thanks Sam

There are many reasons for considering used versus new....as there is many reasons why one would
    hijack a thread for their own reasons......thanks Sam

Based on his own analysis....being eccentric has been proven...thanks Sam

Now I remember why I rarely use Dgrin :)

You are very welcome, glad to help.

To be clear I really didn't discus used versus new in any general sense. I was and am speaking a specific consumable, batteries. There can be many valid reasons to purchase used items. I do it all the time.

Two things I tried to express: 1. Buying used batteries does not seem logical. You may receive a Canon battery that shows 3 bars on your camera when received but drops to two bars the next day. The sellers camera may show 3 bars and yours show 2. Also how much could you possibly save buying a used battery?

2. I tried to convey this with snarky humor, but seems I wasn't successful. :cry The other problem you could run into is purchasing from an unscrupulous unknown remote seller. Once they have the money how much effort can you go through to collect a small amount of lost $$?

Who sells almost new, lightly used batteries?

I provided my thoughts on this so you could hear an alternate view than your own. Sorry it didn't match what you wanted to hear.

Digital Grin is a good place, not as active as it once was but still a good place and more civil than many other sites.

I would be very interested to see what other sites you posted this to and the responses you received.

Sam
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2015
    I will refrain from answering all the I could off your last response Sam...as all previous proved to be
    useless.

But I do want to recommend a thought to be considered....since your "snarky" humor is the subject.

A principle that I apply to any forums "FOR SALE" section is one of either questions I have about
    the product, or needing more info about what is offered in the sale.
    I try to avoid any responses about their pricing....or method of selling, value etc because the
    FOR SALE forum is not a place to chance that a potential buyer would understand my jests, or even
    maybe feel comfortable now dealing with the seller/buyer.
    Now....if I was inside another forum....lets say sports, or wildlife and the conversation turned that
    way...I may chid in with some humor...or wit.....but never to discourage either the original poster
    or other viewers. Since normally....I can only do that if I have some relationship with the original
    poster.......and in this case you have none coming in....or going out.

Maybe one of your best comments made.....and after all this....you should look at if you had any
    part in it.....here....let me quote you:

"Digital Grin is a good place, not as active as it once was....."

Good day....and I wish you the best
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2015
    I will refrain from answering all the I could off your last response Sam...as all previous proved to be
    useless.

But I do want to recommend a thought to be considered....since your "snarky" humor is the subject.

A principle that I apply to any forums "FOR SALE" section is one of either questions I have about
    the product, or needing more info about what is offered in the sale.
    I try to avoid any responses about their pricing....or method of selling, value etc because the
    FOR SALE forum is not a place to chance that a potential buyer would understand my jests, or even
    maybe feel comfortable now dealing with the seller/buyer.
    Now....if I was inside another forum....lets say sports, or wildlife and the conversation turned that
    way...I may chid in with some humor...or wit.....but never to discourage either the original poster
    or other viewers. Since normally....I can only do that if I have some relationship with the original
    poster.......and in this case you have none coming in....or going out.

Maybe one of your best comments made.....and after all this....you should look at if you had any
    part in it.....here....let me quote you:

"Digital Grin is a good place, not as active as it once was....."

Good day....and I wish you the best

I will endeavor to follow your rules in the future.

Sam
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,907 moderator
    edited August 16, 2015
    Let's stick to the OP's original question please.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?