Options

Hostile Territory

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited August 18, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
Yellowstone%201%20192-X2.jpg

Yellowstone%201%20001-X2.jpg

Yellowstone%201%20182-X2.jpg

Yellowstone%201%20196-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 14, 2015
    Nobody does Yellowstone like you do, Tom. Excellent work. bowdown.gif
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2015
    Super Tom! #2 stands out and love #3 also!thumb.gif
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2015
    Tom, these are very well composed. Striking views and colors.
    Hard for me to pick out a favorite! thumb.gifthumb
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2015
    Beautiful Tom. 3&4 particularly so.clap.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2015
    Love these stark contrasts, with the vibrant blue sky over the desolation of the land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    Nobody does Yellowstone like you do, Tom. Excellent work. bowdown.gif

Thanks for the kind words, Joel. The more I visit Yellowstone, the more mesmerized I become by it's preponderance of other-worldly scenes. I hope I'm sitting on a mountain top out there when the caldera decides to blow. No sense in delaying the inevitable... might as well go in the first blast.

See you, buddy,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2015
    Beautiful images, Tom, really well done!
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »

Thanks, Taz.

For those who haven't been to Yellowstone, a word of caution is due. When shooting geysers...and it's amazing how close to some active geothermal features you can get...be careful to guard your equipment. The spray from these things, as caustic as it is, can be damn near impossible to get off lenses.

Take care, my friend,

Tom
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2015
    Tom, these are very well composed. Striking views and colors.
    Hard for me to pick out a favorite! thumb.gifthumb

Thanks for your support, Wayne. I tell you true, if I were limited to one place to shoot for the rest of my life, it would be Yellowstone. The variety of photo ops is unmatched by any other place I've ever been.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2015
    Jack'll do wrote: »
    Beautiful Tom. 3&4 particularly so.clap.gif

Yo Jack,

Boy, it's great to hear from your quarters. Been way too long. I'll be firing off a PM to you soon.

Tom
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2015
    CCoop wrote: »
    Love these stark contrasts, with the vibrant blue sky over the desolation of the land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tell you, Carter, that place gives you so many looks at fascinating scenes that you just don't know where to aim your lens next.

Thanks for the visit,

Tom
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2015
    moose135 wrote: »
    Beautiful images, Tom, really well done!

Thanks, John.

I see where a Park employee was killed the other day by a Grizzly bear. I love the place but you've got to stay alert out there for many various reasons.

See you, buddy,

Tom
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,882 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »

I agree!
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2015
    Juano wrote: »
    I agree!

Thanks, Cristóbal.

Tom
  • Options
    bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2015
    Nice Tom. I've seen some geysers done at night and have always wanted to try that. I must get back to Wyoming.
    Best,
    -Len
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited August 17, 2015
    Wow, looks like the Crystalline Entity paid a visit there, especially in #1 and #4. Better call Picard.
    Nicely captured. And good to see you posting again, Tom. thumb.gif.
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2015
    Nice Tom. I've seen some geysers done at night and have always wanted to try that. I must get back to Wyoming.
    Best,
    -Len

That's an interesting proposition, Len. With some creative lighting ( of which I know darn little ), I can see the potential for some really unique stuff. If you ever give it a run, let us know how it came out.

Tom
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    Wow, looks like the Crystalline Entity paid a visit there, especially in #1 and #4. Better call Picard.
    Nicely captured. And good to see you posting again, Tom. thumb.gif.

Thanks, Richard.

Boy, that Crystalline Entity was one bad dude. You can bet that I don't get out into the Yellowstone hinterlands without the protection of the Enterprise's force shield. Can't monkey around when dealing with the evil side.

See you,

Tom
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2015
    Thanks for your support, Wayne. I tell you true, if I were limited to one place to shoot for the rest of my life, it would be Yellowstone. The variety of photo ops is unmatched by any other place I've ever been.

Take care,

Tom

Tom, Really fine set of images thumb.gifthumb. #1 and #4 my picks. I agree with you 100% about Yellowstone, maybe that is why I take a trip there 2-3 times a year.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2015
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Tom, Really fine set of images thumb.gifthumb. #1 and #4 my picks. I agree with you 100% about Yellowstone, maybe that is why I take a trip there 2-3 times a year.

Phil

Thanks, Phil, for the kind words and support. I can't get there as often as you do but I'm really looking forward to my third trip there next Summer. I spend a week in the town of Jackson, a week in the Park ( Canyon Lodge ) and a few extra days over in Cody. It's God's country, for sure.

Take care,

Tom