(Old style) download zip (re)generation not working

FergusonFerguson Major grinsFort Myers, FloridaPosts: 1,277Registered Users Major grins
edited August 20, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I still use the old way to generate a zip file for download, so as not to make users jump through the email hoops.

Sometimes, as I did today, I notice I made a mistake in the metadata before I sent out the link, but after I generated it (I had a bad date in the title).

So I went in and hit regenerate.

And it said "Done". Instantly. And not the flashing "we'll write you" but showing a link and a time. More to the point, the time shown was about 15 minutes prior.

I went back and tried this 2 or 3 times, going back up to organize, and back in to download, same result. Plus no new email.

Has something changed, a limit to how frequently one can regenerate? Perhaps as some supplement to the user-zip option?

By the way, I went back to an old gallery with no zip. I generated, got the email, and then tried to regenerate again. Same result -- just a link, no regeneration. So it is not one specific gallery. I should note I did not make any changes in that gallery. So just to be sure it was not being "smart" and noticing no change, I went into the same gallery in lightroom, had 3 marked for republish (probably some keyword change previously), I did a publish, it completed, and I then did the download again. Same result - instantly it presents the original link and time.

Not cool to not be able to correct mistakes and regenerate.

Was this intentional?

Linwood

Comments

• Seth SSeth S SmugMug Support Hero Posts: 47Registered Users Big grins
    edited August 19, 2015
    Hi Linwood,

Sorry to hear about the download trouble. We had a number of customers experiencing the same issue. We had a fix pushed by the engineers yesterday. If you haven't already can you please try regenerating the zip? If you continue to experience any issues please shoot us an email to [email protected] and provide us with a link to the gallery you are trying to download so we can have a closer look.
  • FergusonFerguson Major grins Fort Myers, FloridaPosts: 1,277Registered Users Major grins
    edited August 19, 2015
    Thanks for fixing it, will try again when I get back near my desktop.
  • FergusonFerguson Major grins Fort Myers, FloridaPosts: 1,277Registered Users Major grins
    edited August 20, 2015
    I do not see it being fixed. I did a generate on a gallery that had none, waited for the email, clicked to generate again and it immediately just gave me the done and download link. I confirmed the time shown was the time of the first, and not that it did one that quickly. I'll send an email off to help.
  • brianbbrianb Big grins Posts: 96Registered Users Big grins
    edited October 14, 2018

oops

• brianbbrianb Big grins Posts: 96Registered Users Big grins
    edited October 14, 2018

oops