(Old style) download zip (re)generation not working

FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
edited August 20, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I still use the old way to generate a zip file for download, so as not to make users jump through the email hoops.

Sometimes, as I did today, I notice I made a mistake in the metadata before I sent out the link, but after I generated it (I had a bad date in the title).

So I went in and hit regenerate.

And it said "Done". Instantly. And not the flashing "we'll write you" but showing a link and a time. More to the point, the time shown was about 15 minutes prior.

I went back and tried this 2 or 3 times, going back up to organize, and back in to download, same result. Plus no new email.

Has something changed, a limit to how frequently one can regenerate? Perhaps as some supplement to the user-zip option?

By the way, I went back to an old gallery with no zip. I generated, got the email, and then tried to regenerate again. Same result -- just a link, no regeneration. So it is not one specific gallery. I should note I did not make any changes in that gallery. So just to be sure it was not being "smart" and noticing no change, I went into the same gallery in lightroom, had 3 marked for republish (probably some keyword change previously), I did a publish, it completed, and I then did the download again. Same result - instantly it presents the original link and time.

Not cool to not be able to correct mistakes and regenerate.

Was this intentional?

Linwood

Comments

• Seth SSeth S Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2015
    Hi Linwood,

Sorry to hear about the download trouble. We had a number of customers experiencing the same issue. We had a fix pushed by the engineers yesterday. If you haven't already can you please try regenerating the zip? If you continue to experience any issues please shoot us an email to help@smugmug.com and provide us with a link to the gallery you are trying to download so we can have a closer look.
  • FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2015
    Thanks for fixing it, will try again when I get back near my desktop.
  • FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2015
    I do not see it being fixed. I did a generate on a gallery that had none, waited for the email, clicked to generate again and it immediately just gave me the done and download link. I confirmed the time shown was the time of the first, and not that it did one that quickly. I'll send an email off to help.
  • brianbbrianb Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2018

oops

• brianbbrianb Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2018

oops