Options

Just Published New SmugMug

CeohCeoh Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited September 2, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
I just published our new SmugMug site after procrastinating as long as I thought I could. I would greatly appreciate it if some of you pros would take a look at the site. I welcome feedback with detailed instructions on making the improvements :lust

www.freshwindphotography.com

Issues I still have are:

I would like to be able to get the SmugMug logo off of the shopping cart pages and use my logo instead.

Under Client, I have them listed by years taken. When you press on the "Client" dropdown (1st sub) a page comes up with a thumbnail representing each year. I have had a time trying to get those centered on the page. I though I had accomplished that, until I went to my IPad to check it out there and it had moved all the way to the right side.

I would like to increase the font size for the names of the different Client galleries (the names under the thumbnail that gets them into the password protected site).

I'm sure I'll find more ...

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ceoh

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2015
    One thing that I noticed is your logo looks bigger than your images on your home page slideshow. I would think that you'd want to showcase your photos, not your logo, right?
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2015
    Ceoh wrote: »
    I just published our new SmugMug site after procrastinating as long as I thought I could. I would greatly appreciate it if some of you pros would take a look at the site. I welcome feedback with detailed instructions on making the improvements iloveyou.gif

www.freshwindphotography.com

Issues I still have are:

I would like to be able to get the SmugMug logo off of the shopping cart pages and use my logo instead.

Under Client, I have them listed by years taken. When you press on the "Client" dropdown (1st sub) a page comes up with a thumbnail representing each year. I have had a time trying to get those centered on the page. I though I had accomplished that, until I went to my IPad to check it out there and it had moved all the way to the right side.

I would like to increase the font size for the names of the different Client galleries (the names under the thumbnail that gets them into the password protected site).

I'm sure I'll find more ...

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ceoh

You are trying to center your gallery based on YOUR browser/monitor size. My browser (monitor) sees your gallery right-justified. You need to remove this in red and add this in green:
    .sm-page-widget-12030260 .sm-page-widget-content {
        [COLOR=Red]margin-left: 525px;[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Lime]text-align: center;[/COLOR]
    }

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited September 2, 2015
    I agree with Hikin' Mike - your logo is a bit large. I am currently looking at your site on a tablet and your logo is using one third of the vertical space. My eyes are drawn to the logo, not to your photos.

You haven't set up a contact photo so your site is using the stock contact photo. That does not give a professional look to your site. I'd recommend that you set a profile photo on your site.

Your about page doesn't include any information about you as photographers.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2015
    One thing that I noticed is your logo looks bigger than your images on your home page slideshow. I would think that you'd want to showcase your photos, not your logo, right?

Thanks … good suggestion. I went in and made it smaller. I plan on checking to see what that looks like on IPhone and IPad as well as a large computer screen.
    I appreciate you help!
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2015
    I agree with Hikin' Mike - your logo is a bit large. I am currently looking at your site on a tablet and your logo is using one third of the vertical space. My eyes are drawn to the logo, not to your photos.

You haven't set up a contact photo so your site is using the stock contact photo. That does not give a professional look to your site. I'd recommend that you set a profile photo on your site.

Your about page doesn't include any information about you as photographers.

--- Denise

Tweaking the size of the logo … yeah, it was pretty big, but we like trees :-)

Plan on getting a good photo for the profile tomorrow. I would like to have it stretched vertically like the mustache man …

You're right about the about page. It is more of our vision than about us. We're thinking about adding another sub-link drop down under about to be more descriptive. We also want to do that with pricing info also.

All good suggestions on your part.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2015
    You are trying to center your gallery based on YOUR browser/monitor size. My browser (monitor) sees your gallery right-justified. You need to remove this in red and add this in green:
    .sm-page-widget-12030260 .sm-page-widget-content {
        [COLOR=Red]margin-left: 525px;[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Lime]text-align: center;[/COLOR]
    }

So do I copy everything between the { and } and then delete the red line and only paste in the green line? Or do I start copying at [code] to [code] deleting red and adding the green? I'm sure it's no surprise to you that I am a novice :-) Then do I only paste it in the page I've had the issue with?

I appreciate your help!
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2015
    Ceoh wrote: »
    So do I copy everything between the { and } and then delete the red line and only paste in the green line? Or do I start copying at
    to [code] deleting red and adding the green?  I'm sure it's no surprise to you that I am a novice :-)  Then do I only paste it in the page I've had the issue with?

I appreciate your help![/QUOTE]

You probably added the '525px' in your gallery widget. Just set that to '0' then add this to your site-wide theme's CSS:

[code]
    .sm-page-widget-12030260 .sm-page-widget-content {     [COLOR=Lime]text-align: center;[/COLOR] }

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2015
    Just replace the red with the green. Text-align will center the text within the widget, it will not center the widget.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2015
    If you add this to your theme's CSS, it will increase the title font...
    /* Increase Title Font */
    .sm-tile-info .sm-tile-title {
        font-size: 24px;
        }

• Options
    edited September 2, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    Just replace the red with the green. Text-align will center the text within the widget, it will not center the widget.

It worked for me using the Firebug tool.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2015
    It's Centered!!!
    Thanks, Mike! It's centered! I'll check out the Font Theme CSS. You've been really helpful! Everyone has!